Windows 10: Start Menu and Quick Launch

Discus and support Start Menu and Quick Launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by letterpigeon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Start Menu and Quick Launch

Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the quick launch icons on the task bar do not work, and won't even let me right click them.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated! It's doing my head in now!

:)

letterpigeon, Aug 3, 2015

2. N70 Quick Launch Menu

You're both right...

Orange have actually tinkered with the phone's firmware and stuffed in their own software on the OS called Homescreen.

It has nothing to do with Nokia's active standby screen option and infact this option is missing from Orange phones as it would clash with their own Homescreen.

I don't mind it that much myself but I read numerous posts from others ranting about this Orange 'feature' as 1. They think it hogs phones resources and slows the OS down and 2. There is no way to switch it off or disable it. A guy in France came up with his
    own app called HSKiller that was designed for 6680 running Orange firmware.

S.

steve_p---01, Aug 3, 2015
  3. N70 Quick Launch Menu

active standby is soo cool!

however i have seen a 6680 from orange, there is a difference, active standby is a fairly discreet bar across the top odf the screen thats sorta transparent. the orange thing is a huge launch bar that is a little misplaced on the screen as it is ugly

seraphim---01, Aug 3, 2015
  4. steve1711 Win User

Start Menu and Quick Launch

I had exactly the same after updating- nothing seemed to work , could not open start menu or search. So I left the machine running overnight. In the morning I did a shut down, and then once the machine booted up everything worked! It seemed that windows had downloaded three updates in the night - perhaps this is what was needed. Anyway, looking at my hard disk it seemed that new AMD graphics drivers had been downloaded - there is an AMD folder that wasn't the before.

I've had the update since 29th July and the more I use it the better it becomes - startup was very slow and now it is much quicker.

steve1711, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu and Quick Launch

1. Start Menu and Quick Launch - Similar Threads - Start Menu Quick

2. Right Click does not work on Quick Launch/Start Menu items, works everywhere else

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click does not work on Quick Launch/Start Menu items, works everywhere else: Right clicking on ANY quick launch shortcut or Start Menu items does not bring up the context menu.Left clicking still launches the application. Right click on taskbar and system icons still works, right click on Start menu icon still works.This just started this morning no...
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  5. Start menu will not launch

6. Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch: I have used the Quick Launch Bar since its inception and never had a problem with it. However, for the past couple or three days when I click on one of my app icons, I have to double click or it won't open. Anyone having a problem with this? If so, were you able to fix it?...
  7. Search launches with start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search launches with start menu: [ATTACH] After updating windows, every time I press the windows button, the search function also pops up. I tried killing it with the task manager but that doesn't fix it. Please help!...
  8. Launching website pinned to Start menu

Launching website pinned to Start menu: When I click on a web site I have on the "Start Menu", it does not take me to that web site. I have to click on the IE symbol on the task bar. WHY? This has happened since I got the latest update. ***Original Title: Start menu***...
  9. Start Menu won't launch

Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...
  10. Start menu buttons wont launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu buttons wont launch: So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a new update i need. Also the HP support assist says i have an update to need to install but when i install it nothing happens...