Windows 10: Start Menu and Search bar aren't working, Critical Error warning

Discus and support Start Menu and Search bar aren't working, Critical Error warning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I turned on my computer and my desktop background had been turned black and all my icons moved to one side. Everything in my hot bar was also gone I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeyT96, Apr 22, 2020.

1. JoeyT96 Win User

Start Menu and Search bar aren't working, Critical Error warning

I turned on my computer and my desktop background had been turned black and all my icons moved to one side. Everything in my hot bar was also gone

I click on the start button and an error pops up that says the following:

Critical Error
    Your Start menu isn't working, We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.
    Sign out now

I then restart my computer and the error persist. I try everything from a full shut down to unplugging it once off.

all my other apps seem to be working fine except my resolution seemed to be down.

I had to right click on start to access setting where i then made a few updates but i wasn't that far behind.

I tried some other online fixes to no avail

Anyone have any new ideas on how to fix this?

:)

JoeyT96, Apr 22, 2020
  2. DennisUE. Win User

critical error message at startup. CRITICAL ERROR START MENU AND CORTANA AREN`T WORKING will try and correct next time you sign in

I have the critical error message at startup. CRITICAL ERROR START MENU AND CORTANA AREN`T WORKING will try and correct next time you sign in. Sign out now

The same message appears next time

I sign in. It is impossible to get past this screen as you have no start menu. Any help would be appreciated

Op - DennisUE

DennisUE., Apr 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

My Windows 10 start menu is not working. Critical error warning appears then it logs me out and resorts my PC. I have deleted my Dropbox.what other steps can I Take to get t it working again please

DaveMorrell1, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Start Menu and Search bar aren't working, Critical Error warning

Critical Error - start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in

I went to dell support and followed the steps mentioned in the URL below. However issue still there

http://www.dell.com/support/article...y-to-fix-it-the-next-time-you-sign-in?lang=EN

Also this PowerShell command has not helped ?

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

saritatalwar, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu and Search bar aren't working, Critical Error warning

1. Start Menu and Search bar aren't working, Critical Error warning - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  3. start menu search bar not working

start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  4. Start menu and search bar not working

Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  5. Critical Error. Start menu and Cortana aren't Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error. Start menu and Cortana aren't Working: I get a bsod with "Critical error. Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try fix it the next time you sign in." Now I'm no pc tech head or anything so I have no clue Wtf is going on. I can't access anything on my laptop. Help me get rid of issue and allow me to use my...
  6. Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working".

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working".: Hello to all on this forum, I am a new member so this is my first post. Hopefully someone will be able to assist On start up I am getting a Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working". I have read and tried many of the possible solutions on this forum with no...
  7. Critical Error - ''Start Menu & Cortana aren't working''

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error - ''Start Menu & Cortana aren't working'': Hi Downloaded Windows 10 over a month ago and it has been working fine since Today I installed the latest version of iTunes and since then I get the following:- Critical Error - Start Menu and Cortana aren't working - We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in...
  8. CRITICAL ERROR - Start Menu and CORTANA aren't working. W'll try to fi

in Windows 10 Support
    CRITICAL ERROR - Start Menu and CORTANA aren't working. W'll try to fi: CRITICAL ERROR - Start Menu and CORTANA aren't working. W'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. SIGN OUT NOW I upgraded from WIN 7 SP1 to build 10240 on FAST Track. I did a RECOVERY DRIVE, and after trying to restore from it, I am getting this message - in a loop,...
  9. Critical error start menu and cortana aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error start menu and cortana aren't working: Hello people, Hope you can help me to solve this problem! Since I upgraded my computer to Win 10, I'm trying to deal with this problem. When my computer starts it shows the message: "Critical error start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next...
  10. "Critical error: Start menu and Cortana aren't working"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Critical error: Start menu and Cortana aren't working": Hey, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop last night from 8.1 and it had been working fine this morning. However in the afternoon I got a notification that there had been a driver failure and I should restart to repair it. Ever since I have though I've been having...