Windows 10: start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

Discus and support start menu and search box is not responding on clicking in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PRANJALTRIPATHI1, Jul 7, 2021.

1. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working

:)

PRANJALTRIPATHI1, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 7, 2021
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 7, 2021
  4. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

1. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking - Similar Threads - start menu search

2. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  3. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  4. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Cortana
  5. Start menu and search box become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and search box become unresponsive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, but this started before I upgraded. Whenever it happens, I have to restart the Windows Explorer service to get it to start back. I've looked at the Event Viewer, but nothing seems to jump out. The 2 warnings I see a lot are the...
  6. Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box: Hi guys, I searched a lot about this issue, my start menu is hidden by the search box. If i invocate it by pressing the start menu key windows key or a click on the button, my start menu is hidden by the search box. This was present in the 1909 and continues with the may...
  7. Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed: Where you see the Start Menu for Windows 10 on the lower left side of your screen, there is usually a white box which reads 'Type here to search'. I can no longer type anything there on my desktop or laptop. I now get a black popup that has some apps at the top and other...
  8. Search box not responding

in Cortana
    Search box not responding: I just updated to the most recent version of win 10 and have already had this problem 3 times. The search box just stops working out of the blue. I can still open it but when I move the cursor over it it starts loading. The text line is blinking but it doesn't register...
  9. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  10. Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!: I've been trying to fix this problem but the methods in YouTube doesn't seem to help or fix. i don't want to wait for another update fix or refresh my PC. does anyone have a solution to fix this? [ATTACH]...