Windows 10: Start Menu and Search Issues

Discus and support Start Menu and Search Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Wilson2, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Start Menu and Search Issues

Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to break.Start Menu: whenever I click the start menu, it will stay up, if I click anything else and I mean anything on the start menu itself it will close again, meaning I have to reopen it and hope that it remembered my selection clicking the power button to keep the Shut Down, Log Off, etc. options or clicking all apps to have a look at the apps themselvesSearch Bar: basically completely broken. I press it and it'll stay up for maybe 1-2 frames

:)

Michael Wilson2, Nov 11, 2022

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 11, 2022
  3. Issues with search & start menu

Hi Chris,

There are still 3 remaining troubleshooting steps you can use to resolve this issue. Follow any of the methods below:

• Rebuild the search index in Windows 10.
      • Type Indexing Options.
      • Click Advanced.
      • Click Rebuild, then OK.
      • Wait until the process is complete.
    • Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.
    • If the two troubleshooting steps still didn't resolve your issue, we recommend that you use
      System Restore to a certain point that
      Search and Start menu is still properly working.
    If all else fails, you might need to do a clean install of Windows 10.

Keep us updated with the results.

Eugene deV, Nov 11, 2022
  4. Start Menu and Search Issues

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

Start Menu and Search Issues

1. Start Menu and Search Issues - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Start Menu and Search Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Search Issues: Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to break.Start Menu: whenever I click the start menu, it will stay up, if I click anything else and I mean anything on the start...
  3. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  4. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  5. Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH: [ATTACH] Previously, when I would search using the Windows start menu search I would get the result highlighted for me and I could just press enter. Press WIN key > type app name > press enter Now, if I follow the same process above, it doesn't highlight, it shows all...
  6. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  7. start menu and search issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu and search issue: [ATTACH] Hi, i have update to 2004 version and now the search panel opens at the same time that the start menu ! wtf ! how to get rid of it even if it's permanently, i don't use the search panel......
  8. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  9. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...