Windows 10: start menu and search open very slow

Discus and support start menu and search open very slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my start menu and search box opens very slowtakes around 30 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by satyamaggarwal, Jun 7, 2020.

1. start menu and search open very slow

my start menu and search box opens very slowtakes around 30 seconds

:)

satyamaggarwal, Jun 7, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Jun 7, 2020
  4. start menu and search open very slow

Very Slow start menu search

Hi Team,

I have a suggestion for windows 10, i think there is some issue with start menu search it is very slow. when you trying to search any program through that search bar it take so much time. please try to resolve it.

keep up the good work!!

Thanks,

Rohit

Moved from Insider

ROHITCHATURVEDI, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

start menu and search open very slow

1. start menu and search open very slow - Similar Threads - start menu search

2. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  3. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  4. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Start Menu Search is slow [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Start Menu Search is slow [Fixed]: [ATTACH]The Search option is a great way to quickly find something from the deepest pocket of your Windows 11/10 computer. With Search Indexing turned on, it allows you to search out any file or folder using the feature in question. However, for some users, the feature isn’t...
  6. Start Menu button is very slow and Search icon isn't working

in Cortana
    Start Menu button is very slow and Search icon isn't working: Recently i wanted to delete ''Windows.old'' and i chagned a little bit some permmisions to delete that folder, after that the Start Menu button became very slow and search box stopped working. Any help please?...
  7. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu is very slow to open? Make it faster!

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu is very slow to open? Make it faster!: [ATTACH] [IMG]If your Start Menu in Windows 10 opens slowly, lags or even stutters and you would like to make Windows 10 Start Menu faster; then this post will be able to help you. Windows 10 includes animations which make opening [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu is...
  9. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and start menu very slow to open: Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview. Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000 Wondering if anyone else is...
  10. Start menu or search won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu or search won't open: I did a clean install of w10 from w7 a couple of months ago and everything has been running fine until about a week ago since when I've not been able open the start menue. Reading through other posts on line with the same problem has not provided a solution so far. I've ran...