Windows 10: Start Menu and Settings app freezing

Discus and support Start Menu and Settings app freezing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graigo, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Graigo Win User

Start Menu and Settings app freezing

This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and is stuck on the gear icon for a minute or so, this is also random and not frequent.

:)

Graigo, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Start Menu and Settings app freezing [​IMG]

Start Menu and Settings app freezing [​IMG]

Ghot, Nov 2, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Start Menu and Settings app freezing

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

Start Menu and Settings app freezing

1. Start Menu and Settings app freezing - Similar Threads - Start Menu Settings

2. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  3. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  4. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  5. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Start Menu and Settings app freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Settings app freezing: This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and is stuck on the gear icon for a minute or so, this is also random and not frequent....
  7. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  8. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Customization
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  9. Settings app and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app and start menu not working: I've had this problem since an update released near the 8th of October, even after the latest updates the start menu still results in a critical error, I would try to factory reset my pc and just see if it fixes it but I have no idea how to as I can't open settings. I've also...
  10. Start Menu Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Freeze: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. No incompatibilities were reported during that process and W10 worked fine on my primary user account. Several days after the install, I went to set up my wife's infrequently used second user. I got there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my start menu freeze so much