Windows 10: Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and...

Discus and support Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This just stared yesterday, it only occurs on windows related menus, my browser and apps besides settings dont freak out, it fixes when I restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bruhnderbuss, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and...

This just stared yesterday, it only occurs on windows related menus, my browser and apps besides settings dont freak out, it fixes when I restart my computer but sometimes it comes back randomly. Defender says I have no active threats, but I've never seen a glitch like this, anyone else had this problem? I'm always paranoid about viruses and malware even though I don't go on any sketchy websites or download anything without making sure of what im downloading, so if somebody could put my mind at ease that it's just a glitch that'd be great.

submitted by /u/Bruhnderbuss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bruhnderbuss, Dec 30, 2020

2. Start Menu and Mouse Scroll Wheel

So, this has never worked the right way in any version of Windows 10 and it is still does not work the way it should. When I click on the start menu and move the mouse cursor over the alphabetical list of a mix of folders and icons (which annoys me to no
    end that I can't even organize that except alphabetically) the scroll wheel on my mouse does nothing until I click in an empty area of the start menu. What should happen: I click on the start menu and I can at least scroll through the items without having
    to click twice within the start menu to be able to scroll. It might seem like a little annoyance but after 2 major updates this little thing hasn't been fixed?

Polorboy01, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

Following the last windows update I had an issue where my Logitech Mouse (actually Mice, I tried more than one *Wink ) would not scroll correctly in the Start menu area.

The scrolling worked everywhere else that I tried and actually worked if I pointed the mouse at the scroll bars

I have found the fix and thought I would share as Logitech hardware is popular

Open the Start Menu and navigate to Settings - Devices - Mouse & Touchpad and make sure that the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" option is ticked.

Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and... [​IMG]

It cleared my issue instantly, I can only assume that the status of this option was either added or reversed by an update as it always used to work

Hope this helps *Biggrin

Barman58, Dec 30, 2020
  4. VroDAX Win User

Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and...

Feedback: All Apps Start menu does not scroll properly when folder is expanded

I would like to report a bug in the scrollbar handling for the All Apps list in the Start Menu. When you expand one or more folders in the All Apps list the scrollbar does not track the mouse properly.

Duplication steps:

In the Start Menu click All Apps

Scroll down to the Windows Accessories folder and click on it to expand it.

Now, using the mouse, click and hold on the scrollbar button then scroll back and forth to the top and bottom of the list.

The mouse does not stay on the scrollbar as you scroll. In order to scroll all the way to the top or the bottom. You have to release the mouse button and click and hold again to scroll all the way to either end.

Most likely this occurs because the scollbar maximum property is not properly set when folders are expanded.

VroDAX, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and...

1. Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and... - Similar Threads - Start menu settings

2. Start menu flickering ish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu flickering ish: Hi, my W10 pc just suddenly started to flicker ish, like i cant turn off the pc or search for anything or do anything there. its like jumping between 2 apps and idk what to do, i tried alot of stuff and tbh it's starting to annoy me so much rn. im gonna post a youtube link so...
  3. Start menu flickering ish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu flickering ish: Hi, my W10 pc just suddenly started to flicker ish, like i cant turn off the pc or search for anything or do anything there. its like jumping between 2 apps and idk what to do, i tried alot of stuff and tbh it's starting to annoy me so much rn. im gonna post a youtube link so...
  4. Start menu flickering ish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  6. Flickering start menu options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering start menu options: I just started having this issue a couple days ago and I'm not even sure how to google the issue to even try to fix it. I have tried unplugging my keyboard to see if it was a weird key being held down issue but no luck. Does anyone have an idea what the issue may be? Also...
  7. Moving the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  8. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  9. Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu: Following the last windows update I had an issue where my Logitech Mouse (actually Mice, I tried more than one *Wink ) would not scroll correctly in the Start menu area. The scrolling worked everywhere else that I tried and actually worked if I pointed the mouse at the...
  10. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.: Hi. Anyone else have this issue? 33630