Windows 10: Start Menu and Settings problems.

Discus and support Start Menu and Settings problems. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewKing7, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Start Menu and Settings problems.

After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not function and there is a significant decrease in performance.

What I've tried so far to fix it:

1. Restarting the computer,

2. Putting the computer in safe mode then restarting it,

3. Running SFC /scannow (This does not report any problems),

4. Running a powershell and inputting this command:

Get-AppXPackage |Foreach{Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. Attempting to open settings with win + i,

6. Running a powershell and inputting these commands:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I don't know what the problem is but, I bought the pro version so I could decline forced updates and avoid stuff like this in the first place.

How do I fix this?

:)

AndrewKing7, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Start menu search problems

Hi Michael,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask few questions:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you're having issues with the Start menu, we suggest checking this
    article
    and follow the methods provided to troubleshoot Start menu.

Update us on the outcome.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Start Menu and Settings problems.

Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu and Settings problems.

1. Start Menu and Settings problems. - Similar Threads - Start Menu Settings

2. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu problem: Start menu only shows half of the image of each apps. It will not show anything and sometimes it will not function. I restart the PC maybe it will help but nothing. I run virus scan maybe Im affected by something, but nothing is detected. I need to make if functionable....
  3. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  4. Start Menu and Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Settings: My laptop has had this problem for about a week but i got by without it being a pain until today. When I click on the Start button or search icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I also tried following an online tutorial made by BT which says to go into task manager and run a...
  5. Start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and settings: Hi , i recently upgraded my windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 with update assistant. I got to the point where the update asks you whether to upgrade now or later and choose later. i later on restarted to upgrade (which was incredibly faster than normal updates) but then...
  6. weird problems with start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird problems with start menu and settings: Its my first post in this subreddit so be kind. I do tech support, so for me this one is weird In the last couple of days my main win10 machine has problem with the start power icon having no effect(right clicking works) and if i go to settings i can't type anything into the...
  7. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  8. start menu settings

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu settings: is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings. 44421
  9. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem: Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?...
  10. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067