Windows 10: Start menu and "store apps"

Discus and support Start menu and "store apps" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Maybe I'm the only one who hates the alphabetic list in the Start menu, maybe it works well if you have five apps installed, but I find it annoying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unifex, May 4, 2021.

1. unifex Win User

Start menu and "store apps"

Maybe I'm the only one who hates the alphabetic list in the Start menu, maybe it works well if you have five apps installed, but I find it annoying to have to scroll down through scores of apps just to find the link I need. I know, I can store the most used links in the Taskbar, on the Desktop, etc., but I also want to have my Start menu neatly organized. No, search does not work for me, I do not want to search, I want to organize. In fact, I have search completely disabled (indexing, Cortana, no search bar anywhere). I found that normal desktop programs can be organized in folders as before, only now I cannot do that with the mouse inside the start menu itself, I have to open the actual folder that holds the Start menu items. However, the "store apps" do not show in those folders and there is no option to "open file location" for those. How do I get rid of those store apps in my start menu? I don't use most of them anyway. Why can't I create a folder within the start menu and dump all that useless junk there?

:)

unifex, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 5, 2021
  4. harrymc Win User

Missing icons for Trusted Microsoft Store Apps in Start Menu search and taskbar

Below are some troubleshooting steps in ascending order of severity.
    Before starting, take careful backups including a system image.
    I suggest using for that
    AOMEI Backupper Standard Free.
    Create also the AOMEI boot CD or USB and test that it can boot and can see
    both your system disk and the disk where the image backup is stored.

To reinstall all Store apps for the current account :

1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
    2. Copy and paste the command below in PowerShell, and press Enter

3. Wait for this to finish and reboot.

If this does not work, Windows is in bad shape.
    Start by checking the integrity of system files :

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt (cmd) or an elevated Windows PowerShell.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, execute the command below :

3. Reboot

If this does not help, follow the steps outlined in the article

How to Repair Windows 10 Image using DISM.

If the problem is still there, we start getting into the heavy stuff.
    Execute
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.

harrymc, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Start menu and "store apps" - Similar Threads - Start menu store

2. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  3. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  4. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  6. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  7. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

8. Start Menu shortcuts for Windows Store apps

Start Menu shortcuts for Windows Store apps: Most desktop apps create Start Menu shortcuts by default. I can change the names of shortcuts e.g. "Firefox" -> "Mozilla Firefox", create new ones, or delete existing ones by accessing the shortcut files on my PC. Usually, these are located at...
  9. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  10. Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu

Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu: I have apps installed from the Microsoft store on my laptop but they don't show up on the start menu to be able to pin to the start menu. They also don't show up under the "All Apps" area. Is there a way to force apps to show up so that I can pin them to the start menu?...