Windows 10: start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

Discus and support start menu and taskbar freezes everytime in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by addison7910tes, Sep 9, 2022.

1. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help

:)

addison7910tes, Sep 9, 2022

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Sep 9, 2022
  3. Janothin Win User
    Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half way along with the taskbar settings not sticking.

Any suggestions will be great!

Janothin, Sep 9, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

1. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime - Similar Threads - start menu taskbar

2. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  3. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  4. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  6. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and taskbar freezes everytime: After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help...
  7. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

start menu and taskbar freezes everytime: After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help...
  8. Taskbar and Start menu

Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  9. Start Menu Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Freeze: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. No incompatibilities were reported during that process and W10 worked fine on my primary user account. Several days after the install, I went to set up my wife's infrequently used second user. I got there...
  10. Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484: Ever since I ran the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Which I cannot rollback from) my taskbar and start menu will stop working after about 2-3 clicks. This then requires me to restart explorer.exe from task manager. This issue is happening on all user accounts and even when I...