Windows 10: Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

Discus and support Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today the start menu and taskbar froze up and refused to open. I had to do a restart using task manager. Working fine now, but are there any ways to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blackbirdabhi, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

Today the start menu and taskbar froze up and refused to open. I had to do a restart using task manager. Working fine now, but are there any ways to resolve this issue without having to restart the computer, in case this happens next time? A bit annoyed that such an issue persists on an RTM build.

:)

blackbirdabhi, Aug 20, 2015

2. Can not open the start menu anymore

I installed Windows 10 yesterday and while playing a game, my computer froze and I had to reboot. Now, nothing happens when I click on the start menu button. Also, the Microsoft Edge icon disappeared from the taskbar and I don't know where to find it.

GoncaloCardoso, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Have windows 10 build 10586 and my start icon will not bring up the original menu list anymore.

* Original title: start icon

have windows 10 build 10586 and my start icon will not bring up the original menu list anymore, settings is missing and a few other ones are too, ? and the taskbar will not hide, and yes the hide taskbar check box in property's IS checked . any way to
    bring back the original menu list as before and whats up with the taskbar not hiding ? thank you

skyrover1961, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

1. Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up. - Similar Threads - Start Menu taskbar

2. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons: This is an odd problem, but it seems there are moments when I cannot click on my taskbar/start menu. When hovering over the icons, they aren't highlighted. I'm unsure if this is a problem with my mouse (I use a Logitech G502), but it seems that I can temporarily click on...
  6. Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable: Hi, please am having issues with my pc start menu, search bar and all the taskbar icons, after i update the windows 10. The start menu windows button is not working and all other taskbar icons. some settings like windows security and account settings are not working also....
  7. Start menu does not pop up and taskbar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start menu does not pop up and taskbar icons disappeared: Hello My system was ok until I closed the black screen during the installation of recommended driver on the website of dell support. I dont remember the name of the driver but I do know that it had the words Intel and Wifi plus it had a long set of numbers and the file size...
  8. Start up menu and Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up menu and Taskbar problems: I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew...
  9. Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help: Hi, i am facing a really hard time with my windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 (like 3 days ago), everything was working fine, but now my taskbar is having all kind of problems like literally, first start with my "Start Menu" it not functioning anymore, than the...
  10. Recent Update to the start menu and taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Update to the start menu and taskbar icons: Hi, So I've been using Windows 10 for about a week, everything was positive, until today. I downloaded the OS a good few weeks before I installed it so I'm not sure how up-to-date it was, however it's just completely updated itself (I'm not sure which build it is, or...