Windows 10: Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

Discus and support Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZeeTech, Mar 4, 2024.

1. ZeeTech Win User

Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't get to Windows settings either. The only thing I have access to is File Explorer and the apps that have icons on my desktop. Is there any fix for this?

:)

ZeeTech, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Taskbar - Search Icon does not work, Start Menu missing, Right click does not work, no "Taskbar and Start Menu" in control panel

Hi,

Here are the possible causes why Taskbar and Start menu don't work:

• Corrupted user profile
    • Corrupted or missing system files

Since running SFC didn't resolve the issue, we suggest creating a new user account
    to recreate your Taskbar and Start menu.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

1. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update - Similar Threads - Start Menu Taskbar

2. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update: Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't get to Windows settings either. The only thing I have access to is File Explorer and the apps that have icons on my desktop....
  3. Help! PC will not restart after updating on Feb 26 2024

Help! PC will not restart after updating on Feb 26 2024: I processed an update this morning, Feb 26 2024. My pc will not restart. I sometimes get a blue circle or a black screen. How can I get back onto my pc?...
  4. Help! PC will not restart after updating on Feb 26 2024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! PC will not restart after updating on Feb 26 2024: I processed an update this morning, Feb 26 2024. My pc will not restart. I sometimes get a blue circle or a black screen. How can I get back onto my pc?...
  5. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  7. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

8. Taskbar/start menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar/start menu not working: have Windows 10, it was working great since upgraded. Today I turn it on and now when I click the Start button or Windows key, the mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able to use the search bar, and I can't right click apps...
  9. Taskbar/start menu not working

Taskbar/start menu not working: have Windows 10, it was working great since upgraded. Today I turn it on and now when I click the Start button or Windows key, the mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able to use the search bar, and I can't right click apps...
  10. Start menu and taskbar not working

Start menu and taskbar not working: My system has lately been experiencing issues with the Start menu and taskbar. When I power my device on and click on the Start button, the menu doesn't appear. I can right click on the Start button or press Win + X to get to my properties, but left clicking does nothing. The...