Windows 10: start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

Discus and support start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ofekno, Feb 4, 2021.

1. ofekno Win User

start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

Hello,

my system consist of three drives:

- C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed

- D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them.

my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I decided to clean install windows on my C drive.

after the clean install I haven't gotten any crashes so far and I get much faster boot times.

but I found out the all the apps in the start menu has disappeared, which means that I cannot search for many things.

additionally, many application doesn't work anymore and need to be reinstalled.

obviously I didn't research enough before doing a clean install. Is there any way to restore the start menu applications and get the apps to work instead of reinstalling them?

also, I got recommended to upgrade my C drive to a new bigger SSD. I basically only want windows and some apps that can't be installed anywhere else on C drive.

Do you recommend me to upgrade or do you think its not unhealthy to keep C drive low on space.

incase I choose to upgrade, what precautions should I take when I install windows on a new SSD drive.

:)

ofekno, Feb 4, 2021
  2. pls2337 Win User

Disappearing Apps

My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions?

pls2337, Feb 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

apps disappearing on the "start"

Hi Kevin,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your Start menu concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you notice that some of your apps that you've pinned are missing?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Do you remember what are the pinned apps that are missing in the Start menu? Do those apps disappear if you re-pin them?
    • Upon seeing the screenshot, you've set the Start Menu to full screen. Can you see the missing pinned apps when disabling the full screen mode of Start menu? To disable the full screen mode of Start menu, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select Personalization.
      • On the left pane, choose Start.
      • Under Start, click he Use Start full screen slider to turn it off.
      • Check if you will see all of your pinned apps.
    • Does the issue also occur when turning on Show more tiles on Start? You can turn on this option by accessing the Personalization settings page of Start.

Argel Obm, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work - Similar Threads - start menu apps

2. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  3. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  4. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  5. Start menu apps not work

Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  6. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some apps don't show up in start menu search results

in Cortana
    Some apps don't show up in start menu search results: Hi there experts, For a few weeks now I have been having a problem where some applications -- but not all -- just don't show up when I type into the start menu search. For example, I might launch Firefox by just typing "fir", at which point Firefox becomes the Best Match,...
  8. Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu

Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu: I debloat my windows 10 everything what i need is work fine, but today the uninstalled apps is came back to the start bar. [ATTACH] I still cant open the apps but it it irritates that they are there. Can i somehow delete or hide the icons?...
  9. Some startup apps don't start on boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some startup apps don't start on boot?: Hi, I've noticed this problem for a few months, some old and all new software rarely starts once I'm logged in, even if they're enabled within startup in task manager. I feel like I've inadvertently disabled something but I'm not able to find where. I have previously googled...
  10. Some apps dimmed on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps dimmed on start menu: I've just noticed that some of the tiles on the start menu are dimmed and the corresponding names in the list have a gray bar underneath them. What does this mean? The apps themselves seem to work correctly. See picture. Calendar, mail and calculator are affected. [ATTACH]...