Windows 10: Start menu apps not work

Discus and support Start menu apps not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ellsworth.gult, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Start menu apps not work

When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there. If I pinned it on the taskbar that is the only time that it will open without problem. Help me please.

:)

ellsworth.gult, Oct 6, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Start menu apps not work

Start menu and apps not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience you are facing and apologize for the same.

For issue related to Start menu, I suggest you to refer the post by “Ravinath P” from the link provided below and check if it helps:

Redirecting

For issue related to updates, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Start menu apps not work

1. Start menu apps not work - Similar Threads - Start menu apps

2. none working apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none working apps in start menu: The start menu app is not working right now. It is not clickable and when you click it several times the PC will crash and be not responding. I restart multiple times it will not move. Before I was able to resolve this by updating my Windows now I dont have update it the PC...
  3. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and windows apps not working.: Start menu doesn't start by keyboard OR by mouse. Microsoft store icon in taskbar is empty, on starting says "Class not registered" for explorer.exe. Some shortcuts like Win+D or Win+I also not workingWin+E works. I tried to restart explorer through task manager and command...
  4. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and windows apps not working.: Start menu doesn't start by keyboard OR by mouse. Microsoft store icon in taskbar is empty, on starting says "Class not registered" for explorer.exe. Some shortcuts like Win+D or Win+I also not workingWin+E works. I tried to restart explorer through task manager and command...
  5. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  6. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  7. Modern apps and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern apps and start menu not working.: Hello, the modern apps like settings, paint 3d, feedback hub and the start menu are not working.Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-apps-and-start-menu-not-working/706a45dd-b6d3-40e7-9925-ff5c71be2877
  8. Start menu and Windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and Windows apps not working: This issue started a few days ago and the more I use my laptop, the more issues I find somehow. First, my start menu won't stay open and I can't click on anything in it either. Some things aren't clickable in my search menu either (left click won't work but right click...
  9. Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working: I have recently built a PC for gaming and it has been working for a month perfectly fine, but about a week ago, I have started to get the error critical_process_died frequently, and a few days ago, the taskbar stop showing apps and the start menu stopped working, it also...
  10. Start menu/microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu/microsoft apps not working: I have recently built a new pc and installed windows 10 home. Everything went smooth, and I updated all drivers, installed a couple of games and tweaked some files. However each time i do this I am now on reinstall #5 trying to resolve this issue, my start menu just stops...