Windows 10: Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

Discus and support Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved] in Cortana to solve the problem; I have already solved this actually, but I still decide to post this so that I can help people after me having the same issue. If your start menu keep... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Windows Category - All, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

I have already solved this actually, but I still decide to post this so that I can help people after me having the same issue.

If your start menu keep scrolling itself as if someone's holding the 'up' or 'down' key consistently, and you have a controller,

check if one of your controller's direction controlling stick is stuck in a certain position.

I feel stupid that, after a good hour of trying out different advanced approaches including SFC, drivers uninstallation, profile switching, it was actually a stuck controller that's bugging me, and that's why i'm posting this so that people having the same root of cause can save some time.

:)

Windows Category - All, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Pedr Win User

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

3. dencal Win User
    [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

Click on Winkey.....scroll down to Windows System, expand, Control Panel is there ....right clicking on it gives option to put in Start Menu or pin to Taskbar.

dencal, Oct 20, 2020
  4. tomybooy Win User

Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

1. Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved] - Similar Threads - Start menu automatically

2. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Cortana
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  3. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  4. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    context menu automatic scrolling: actually when i right click on any file, folder, or an application, the context menu that appears seems to be move from the last word to the first one and continues again until you select a word from the list.it appears any time i right click the anything...
  6. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu automatic scrolling: actually when i right click on any file, folder, or an application, the context menu that appears seems to be move from the last word to the first one and continues again until you select a word from the list.it appears any time i right click the anything...
  7. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  9. Start menu trackpad scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  10. Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue: I've got an ASUS ROG GL502VV DB71 laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I believe this happened after the latest Windows update! 1 - Anytime I press my Control key my screen zooms in and it never did that before. I can’t press Control-c or Control-v or Control-Alt-Del without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows menu scrolling down