Windows 10: Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Discus and support Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previously I set my taskbar to blue and the start menu background also reflected that. After upgraded to 1903, the start menu background was black. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TachibanaKyosuke, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Previously I set my taskbar to blue and the start menu background also reflected that. After upgraded to 1903, the start menu background was black.

• I already set Default Windows Mode to Dark
    • I checked the box 'Show Accent color - Start, taskbar, and action center. I set the color to blue but the Start menu's background was not changed.
    • I have the latest NVIDIA driver.
    • Checked for Windows update and there was no update.

Interestingly, this only happened if I set the start menu to full screen. If it's not in full screen mode, the background was blue.

See https://imgur.com/5J3miAN

:)

TachibanaKyosuke, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Aug 6, 2019
  3. DrNVS Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Thanks for the reply.

These procedures not helped to change the background color of the start menu by (right click)

Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903. 2958a48f-fe66-4ba1-9f7b-f6e477df9a30.png

I want to change the black color to grey color as previous.

Please help.

Also previously right click will show the control panel, system, device manager etc. now it is not showing.

DrNVS, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

1. Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903. - Similar Threads - Start menu background

2. Black Background after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Background after Windows update: After a windows update, I cannot get my screen saver to function. I'm left with a black screen with only the apps visible. I have checked the "change scren saver" but nothing happens....
  3. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: Hello. How do I change the background color of the start menu from pale white to another color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-background/525643bf-5ef5-4ce5-bdc8-7b6bfccea54a
  4. Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/packetpinger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2hdr0/is_there_any_way_to_remove_the_black_background/
  5. start menu and search not working after Build 19041.264 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu and search not working after Build 19041.264 update: Hi there, I recently updated my pc to insider preview Build 19041.264, and my pc start menu started freezing and goes blank. the search menu no long pops up when I click the icon on the taskbar, and it no longer works in file explorer as well....
  6. Black background after updates.

Black background after updates.: Twice I have spent some time to download updates and each time I have ended up with a black background. Why ?? Then I have to spend more time to contact Microsoft to help me get back to the original display. So by getting back my original display have I not got the updates ?...
  7. Start Menu not working (Build 1903)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu not working (Build 1903): Couple of days ago my start menu stopped opening. This is before start menu is pressed : https://imgur.com/a/8S7NLTv After start menu is pressed/Windows button is pressed (just the start menu greys as if it has opened) : https://imgur.com/a/Ff9p6pI If I start typing after...
  8. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as the background of the start menu. I've read that this is the way it is and nothing can be done to display a background...
  9. Update 1903 Start Menu Issue

Update 1903 Start Menu Issue: My computer updated automatically from Win 10 1803 to 1903 on 8/5/19. The first issue I found was a Onedrive app icon in the start menu that was not there prior to the update, I delete the desktop app long ago. When clicking the icon nothing happens, when right clicking the...
  10. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Display my background set start menu

2. what happened to my dark background windows 10 1903

3. windows 10 why is my start menu background black after updating to version 1903

4. updated to 1903 now background picture is dark