Windows 10: Start Menu Background

Discus and support Start Menu Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffL, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JeffL Win User

Start Menu Background

I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as the background of the start menu. I've read that this is the way it is and nothing can be done to display a background picture. However, my tablet displays the Desktop wallpaper as the start menu background. I'd like the notebook and desktop to do the same. I don't see any setting differences. Any ideas?

:)

JeffL, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Aakster Win User
    Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Sep 12, 2019
  4. DrNVS Win User

Start Menu Background

Start Menu background color customize

Thanks for the reply.

These procedures not helped to change the background color of the start menu by (right click)

Start Menu Background 2958a48f-fe66-4ba1-9f7b-f6e477df9a30.png

I want to change the black color to grey color as previous.

Please help.

Also previously right click will show the control panel, system, device manager etc. now it is not showing.

DrNVS, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu Background

1. Start Menu Background - Similar Threads - Start Menu Background

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help: Hello, I recently performed an update for Windows 10 and my start menu icons have changed.I hate them. I'm sure a lot of effort and time was spent on designing the new icons but, I would like the old ones back.How can I switch back to the previous icons or at least have a...
  3. Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu

Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu: Hello everyone ! I had a small issue with the bacground colour of a tile of 'Google Chrome' in my sart menu. Sometime pictures explain problems better than words so here's how it look's like. Please tell me how can i change the background of this tile and make it match with...
  4. Background color for Start Menu

Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  5. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  6. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: Hello. How do I change the background color of the start menu from pale white to another color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-background/525643bf-5ef5-4ce5-bdc8-7b6bfccea54a
  7. Start menu icons background edit

Start menu icons background edit: I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find...
  8. taskbar and start menu background turned white

taskbar and start menu background turned white: Hi, my taskbar and start menu background have both turned white since last update earlier in this month. I have tried right click on desktop, personalize, colors... but it doesn't give me the option to tick on the start, taskbar and action center box. Any ideas on how to get...
  9. Broken start menu & ms-settings:personalisation-background

Broken start menu & ms-settings:personalisation-background: On my surface laptop the start menu stopped working. Along with some microsoft default apps. I don't get any icons when I swipe from the left or right on the screen and I cant tap the windows key to open the menu. The settings menu cannot also be accessed. I can find all...
  10. Transparent Start menu icon background?

Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after changing wallpaper doesnt show as background when start is full screen