Windows 10: Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arcturus Boötes, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix the problem either.I guess it will be fixed with the next update on Tuesday. But I need my PC for work and I cannot not use it normally for the whole week good thing I didn't update right away. Bravo, Microsoft.I saw that this maybe connected to Cortana or MS Office. The thing is, I don't use them, the MS Office and Cort

:)

Arcturus Boötes, Nov 9, 2023

2. Desktop PC start button and taskbar functions missing.

My Windows 10 PC is now running the anniversary update. Now my start button left click does not open the apps list and the right click on any icon in the taskbar does not open the menu. Otherwise everything
    functions as normal.

Mike Smithson, Nov 9, 2023
  3. October Update and taskbar icons

I updated my 64 bit Desktop Computer with the October Update and after reboot neither the 'Start' or 'Notification' icons on the taskbar would function! Any suggestions to rectify the problem would be much appreciated, please? Thank you. Norman Williamson.

glenurquhart4me, Nov 9, 2023
  4. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Nov 9, 2023
Thema:

Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

1. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Start Menu button

2. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  3. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  4. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  5. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  6. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  7. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  8. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...

Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...: Dear all, Can somebody help on this? I have a new Lenovo laptop, with Win10, all updates. It functions perfect, except for this. I searched for solutions, but these solutions seem only to solve the permanent loss of function of the Start button. Here is the case: When I...
  10. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22