Windows 10: start menu button isn't working, after I tried to correct the name on "user" folder in C drive

Discus and support start menu button isn't working, after I tried to correct the name on "user" folder in C drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my start menu button isn't working it is showing "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" this is the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AMMARDAVAWALA, Jul 25, 2021.

1. start menu button isn't working, after I tried to correct the name on "user" folder in C drive

my start menu button isn't working it is showing "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" this is the error message showing on my administrator account first user account created the first time I bought and started the laptop. In the process of correcting the name on the user folder in C drive, I created a kind of dummied user account and then followed all the necessary steps in that dummied user account only, I did not do anything in the main user account. I used the steps mentioned in this Video.Kindly please help me out on this issue, this is my first

:)

AMMARDAVAWALA, Jul 25, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 25, 2021
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 25, 2021
  4. start menu button isn't working, after I tried to correct the name on "user" folder in C drive

How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Anthony Pontecorvo1, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

start menu button isn't working, after I tried to correct the name on "user" folder in C drive

1. start menu button isn't working, after I tried to correct the name on "user" folder in C drive - Similar Threads - start menu button

2. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu isn't working: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  3. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu isn't working: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  4. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu isn't working: My Start menu isn't working. Critical Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/153fe558-efe9-4b58-b45d-8b81702ca510
  5. Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name: Hello people,I need help to find a way to restore my system to previous settings. Here is the story - I updated my windows 10 to windows 11 OS and then I thought of renaming the folder name under C drive users folder. In windows 10 MS gets the first five letters from login...
  6. Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name: Hello people,I need help to find a way to restore my system to previous settings. Here is the story - I updated my windows 10 to windows 11 OS and then I thought of renaming the folder name under C drive users folder. In windows 10 MS gets the first five letters from login...
  7. How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?: How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-folder-names-in-c-drive-users/e81a57f3-22c0-4123-975f-c73aedacd8a6
  8. Unable to change C drive - user folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change C drive - user folder name: Hello, I have a new laptop and set-up as a new user with Windows 10 following all the prompts. My main C drive user folder name was auto-created and I'm unable to change it. It automatically took part of my user name. I cannot find any way to edit this folder to rename...
  9. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu isn't working: My start menu isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/5548c8fb-b35b-4c1d-9065-e711c0db8373
  10. Adding User to Correct User Folder Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding User to Correct User Folder Name: So when I did a system restore on my computer to return it back to factory default...I logged in using my Microsoft account which is an email starting with "Boo......." However my name on my Microsoft account is "Summer"...It's always been "Summer" all my folders in the past...