Windows 10: Start menu button not working

Discus and support Start menu button not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cristi2k, Oct 9, 2015.

1. cristi2k Win User

Start menu button not working

Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can somebody help me with this ?

:)

cristi2k, Oct 9, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Start menu button [Windows button] is not working in Windows 10?

Yup these are maybe they help you check them out.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Kanata, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Whatphoeb Win User
    Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
    Right click Start button
    Choose Command prompt (Admin)
    Key in Powershell in the black window and hit Enter
    Paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
    When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working. If not, this solution won’t apply to you, unfortunately.

Whatphoeb, Oct 10, 2015
  6. I sometimes experience where WINDOWS+R doesn't bring up the run line however when I hit the WINDOWS key by itself, the Start menu does still appear for me. I know this isn't what you're asking, but I'm adding to the conversation. I use a batch file to restart (kill and then start) Explorer.exe to get it working again.

PENDRAGON37, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu button not working - Similar Threads - Start menu button

2. Windows Start Menu Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start Menu Button Not Working: Hello, I updated my computer last night and now the start menu/taskbar is not working. I have tried a couple of things that have been suggested with no luck. The windows button on my computer also does not open the start menu which makes it hard to do certain fixes suggested....
  3. Start Menu Button not working again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Button not working again: The only thing that seems to work is to reset the machine. All the other troubleshooting steps are not working. Right click works, left click does not, none of the icons works. Come on Microsoft fix this already, its been an issue for years, and resetting computers in a...
  4. Windows 10 Start Button / Start menu not working

Windows 10 Start Button / Start menu not working: In the last few weeks, I have had several machines start buttons stop working. Users are unable to click on Start or the Windows logo to bring up the start menu. When I search online I only fine the usual run sfc /scannow posts. Is there a real solution to this issue. The...
  5. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  6. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  7. Windows start menu/button and Wifi menu NOT WORKING

Windows start menu/button and Wifi menu NOT WORKING: Since 2 days I have problems with my Laptop, This consists of not being able to use the '' windows start menu '' and the Wifi menu (being able to select networks / SSID ''.) The Windows start button on the keyboard works with combinations as Start + L for lock and Win + E for...
  8. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...
  9. Start Menu button & Windows Key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button & Windows Key not working: Hi, Am using Win-10 Education. For the last few days Start button and Windows Key have stopped working and I do not get the list of all programs and other icons from where I can go to other programs. What do I do ???? 55945
  10. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Button/Start menu not working: When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked. I've...