Windows 10: start menu button.

Discus and support start menu button. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TommyCreaney, Jan 30, 2020.

1. start menu button.

when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3

:)

TommyCreaney, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Rensouken Win User

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jan 30, 2020
  4. start menu button.

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

start menu button.

1. start menu button. - Similar Threads - start menu button

2. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  3. Windows Start Menu Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start Menu Button Not Working: Hello, I updated my computer last night and now the start menu/taskbar is not working. I have tried a couple of things that have been suggested with no luck. The windows button on my computer also does not open the start menu which makes it hard to do certain fixes suggested....
  4. Start Menu Button not working again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Button not working again: The only thing that seems to work is to reset the machine. All the other troubleshooting steps are not working. Right click works, left click does not, none of the icons works. Come on Microsoft fix this already, its been an issue for years, and resetting computers in a...
  5. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  6. Start Up Menu Shutdown Button

Start Up Menu Shutdown Button: When I Go To Shut down My Laptop I Hit the Start Up Button and hit shutdown and it takes me to a shut down windows screen asking me what I want to do. It use to be already set on shut down but now set on Switch User Anyone know what I do to get it back to open with shut...
  7. Start menu button size

Start menu button size: How do I change the size of the menu buttons in the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button-size/9aea2aec-bd37-4def-845b-0b01d1631434
  8. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  9. Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs: Customization of the Start Menu (no tiles please) equals speed! As you can see I am using the classic theme in Windows 7. We professionals and powers users can customize the Start Menu in such a way that we can access the most important areas, features, commands etc. of...
  10. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Button/Start menu not working: When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked. I've...