Windows 10: Start Menu - Can this be fixed?

Discus and support Start Menu - Can this be fixed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to fix the items below. The ones circled in red. And what is the one circled in green? 10061 start menu is really getting me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Apr 26, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Start Menu - Can this be fixed?

Does anyone know how to fix the items below. The ones circled in red. And what is the one circled in green?

10061 start menu is really getting me frustrated. I've tried all the known fixes... WSREST, Reregister apps, try to install them again, etc. Done all the DISM and SFC things.

And why can't I get the MSN Sports and MSN Weather that was on earlier builds? I don't care for the new ones.

I understand the current "bug" about pinned win32 apps, and can live with it until they hotfix it, but the rest is frustrating!

Start Menu - Can this be fixed? [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Apr 26, 2015
  2. ECabc Win User

Can Microsoft be this dumb?

Hi all,

I'm sure there is no shortage of folks that hate Microsoft these days, but I am still going to give my two cents in spite of it all. My question is this, "can a multinational giant such as Microsoft really be this dumb?" Lets forget for one moment that
    the Windows engine is a very powerful and highly functioning operating system. Lets also ignore the fact that the only other "off the shelf" OS falls under the banner of Apple, and since I have an IQ higher than that belonging to a jar of mayonnaise I do
    not own a single Apple product. Lets also pretend that Linux does not exist, because if we realized that Linux was available to the general public no other OS would stand a fighting chance in the market today. However we must face facts, and those facts
    are that most of us are too lazy to install our own OS, and to intelligent to buy an Apple product, so we are stuck with windows. Until Windows 8 debuted this fact was not a huge problem, with the exception of Vista perhaps. Then the promise of Windows 10
    popped up in the corner of our screens and once again hope flourished. And once again we were disappointed in so many ways. To carry on the tradition of ignorance, lets pretend we forgave Microsoft for its many indiscretions with its "all new" OS. Lets
    now dive into the one thing that the general populace cared about more than anything else in the whole Windows universe. Why don't we talk about the one thing that matters the least, and somehow matters the most? The good old fashioned Start button, where
    has it gone? Is it really there in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop? Microsoft had one thing to do, one simple task, one little tiny detail, and we would have forgiven all sins. Granted, the new start menu is a far cry better than the Metro window,
    but that was an ill-conceived idea from day one. I just can't believe how such an insignificant detail could be so overlooked, for a second time. This has to be the most dumbfounding thing I have witnessed since the re-election of George W. Bush. Its so
    dumb a person has to ask themselves, "Is this really happening?" Oh well, I guess things aren't built to last anymore. Classic Shell worked perfectly to fix this small mistake in Windows 8, and it is serving me well so far in Windows 10. Hopefully my laptop
    breaks soon so I can build my own PC with a Linux based platform.

ECabc, Apr 26, 2015
  3. Can this be a malicious attack?

This is how my local disk D looks after I did some updates on my windows 10, what could be the reasons for those arrows appearing on my folders?

Start Menu - Can this be fixed? [​IMG]

HezekiahBosire, Apr 26, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

The weather app is a new version. Not sure about the MSN Sports. Is this an upgrade install? I would do a clean install. The preview can be buggy sometimes and a clean install fixes most things.

5. f14tomcat Win User
    I've done a clean install 5 times. As local, as MSacct, all whichways! When I click on any of the ones circled in red, I get something like "first things first, let's add an account", if I click on it, FLASH-BANG gone! Mail doesit, calendar, people just poops out! Something is seriously wrong!

f14tomcat, Apr 26, 2015
  6. Williams Win User
    Where did you download the build?. Maybe a buggy ISO?

Williams, Apr 26, 2015
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    From MS thru normal fast ring update. Grabbed the install.esd before install per Kari's tutorial and made ISO from it.

I thought it might be buggy, too..... so I restored from a 10049 image and tried again, same.

Clean installed from 10049, updated to 10061 again. Same result.

Something obviously is not together! I've never had this much problem upgrading. Been doing it since 9841!!!! Way back when!!!

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu - Can this be fixed? - Similar Threads - Start Menu fixed

2. Fix Ugly Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix Ugly Start Menu?: I've just downloaded the newest version of Windows 10, and man, I really don't like the new Start Menu. Is there a way to get the old folders back, like how they were tied to your theme color? They look terrible now. Also, they got rid of colored tiles for me, so applications...
  3. Help me to fix start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help me to fix start menu: My start menu is not working in windows 10 and I am facing this error after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-fix-start-menu/2314c2b7-3b25-43c6-81da-2bbc39a389d3
  4. Broken start menu & control fix?

Broken start menu & control fix?: Hi all at r/Windows10 For about a week, on one client (a VM), my user is kinda broken. The start menu does not open, when trying to open the system information via rightclick on the start menu --> system, it simply does nothing and when trying to open the settings via...
  5. Start menu broke... fix?

Start menu broke... fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShitPostMan4323 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fh7bca/start_menu_broke_fix/
  6. fix start menu critical error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fix start menu critical error: help me fix critical error cant get start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-start-menu-critical-error/2b0d86e9-f1df-419a-bc67-0027de535d5f
  7. Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu: Following the last windows update I had an issue where my Logitech Mouse (actually Mice, I tried more than one *Wink ) would not scroll correctly in the Start menu area. The scrolling worked everywhere else that I tried and actually worked if I pointed the mouse at the...
  8. Start menu FIX

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu FIX: I installed build 10130 then the start menu bugged and tried every solotion i saw from posts but would not work. What worked when i went into Settings -> Personalization -> Start and toggled on / off Use full-screen start when in the taskbar. Toggle it on the click start to...
  9. Start Menu problem - fixed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu problem - fixed.: I've just found a solution to a problem I had with the start menu in 10130 and thought I'd post it here in case others are having the same problem. This morning there was nothing I could do to open the start menu - tried everything. Then I remembered that last night I...
  10. Can not customize the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not customize the start menu: I'm having trouble with the start menu. I can't pin or resize or drag and drop icons even though I've tried a lot of ways. I've use sfc/scannow and it said it can see there're some problems but it can't fix those. I use Store apps frequently so this nearly drives me mad. Do...