Windows 10: Start menu closes and reopens when I'm trying to scroll.

Discus and support Start menu closes and reopens when I'm trying to scroll. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My start menu will close and reopen while I'm scrolling through the apps until I hit the Windows key. I have a desktop running Windows 10 Pro version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the9000thHAL, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Start menu closes and reopens when I'm trying to scroll.

My start menu will close and reopen while I'm scrolling through the apps until I hit the Windows key. I have a desktop running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 (Build #19047.329) updated on 6/12/20. I just noticed it doing the late last night. I have restarted and it didn't fix the issue.I tried to see if this was an issue with 2004 but I didn't see it listed anywhere. I did try Linux Manjaro but it was only on USB and I didn't install anything. TL;DR Start menu closes and reopens when scrolled. Windows 10 is up to date.

submitted by /u/the9000thHAL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the9000thHAL, Jun 23, 2020
  2. ReedWish Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Auto Close

I just update my asus laptop to windows 10, when I open the new start menu there are obviously many apps to choose from. When I use my touch pad to scroll down the list, the cursor disappears, and when I use the touch pad to try and bring back the cursor
    in order to open an app, the whole start menu closes, and I take yet another step that pushes me further to my insanity. I am wondering if there is a way to scroll without using the scroll bar of the side and use my two-finger gesture scroll on my touch pad
    without the menu crashing.

ReedWish, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Drop down menu closes when trying to use the scroll bar

I'm trying to scroll by clicking on the scroll bar on a drop-down menu within IE, and it just closes. The workaround is to use the wheel mouse. The version used is IE 11.674.15063.0. Is there a listed bug for this as it seems to work on all other IE
    versions.

Jules1969O, Jun 23, 2020
  4. ppc_1986 Win User

Start menu closes and reopens when I'm trying to scroll.

Windows closes and reopens

Ιf I right click on my computer and select properties, the window appears for a few millisecs then closes and reopens.

I have similar problem when selecting "Open file location" from start menu, the window appears normally, but when I close it, it reopens by itself.

I tried sfc /scannow (no problems found) and clean boot but the problem remains.

ppc_1986, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Start menu closes and reopens when I'm trying to scroll.

1. Start menu closes and reopens when I'm trying to scroll. - Similar Threads - Start menu closes

2. Trying to reopen account that was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reopen account that was closed: I closed one of my Microsoft accounts today, However I realized I needed something from it. I try to reopen it and I provide the right password and two step verification information. I am able to receive the verification code however when I input the code it says that the...
  3. Trying to reopen account that was closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reopen account that was closed: I closed one of my Microsoft accounts today, However I realized I needed something from it. I try to reopen it and I provide the right password and two step verification information. I am able to receive the verification code however when I input the code it says that the...
  4. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  5. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  6. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  7. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  8. Start menu not closing

9. Start Menu Closing/Crashing When I try to type in it

in Cortana
    Start Menu Closing/Crashing When I try to type in it: I'm using Windows 10, when I try to type into my search bar on my bottom left, it closes automatically on me, even typing one letter into the search box makes it close on me. This has been happening for almost 2 months and I have spent countless hours trying to fix this...
  10. close start menu

close start menu: After last Windows 10 update, I cannot close stat menu. Internet websites have no minimization button, and close button is hidden in the upper right corner. I play Caesars slots which would run in the background while I looked at other websites, now the game stops...