Windows 10: Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

Discus and support Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello people, thanks for reading! First of all, I watched and did this video, I think that's what broke my Start Menu -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenJi2D, Apr 25, 2019.

1. BenJi2D Win User

Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

Hello people, thanks for reading!

First of all, I watched and did this video, I think that's what broke my Start Menu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVy4GAtkh7Q

It was a few days ago, I had no problems, but today after I restarted my PC, the start menu stopped working. I click it, little loading, nothing happens. I watched tutorials and I got somewhere. Now the start menu works when I click it, but closes itself after 1 second so I can't really do much. I tried in safe mode, it doesn't even open there. I tried DOZENS of tutorials with sfc scannow, restorehealth, repairings, updating Windows, system restore (system restore didn't finish successfully and when I tried to run it again, the restore point was gone, thanks Windows), pasting text in notepad naming it fix.bat and putting it in System 32 and then running it through administrator cmd...I think I tried everything.
    Creating a new User fixes it, but there I got new problems. If I pin the file explorer on the taskbar for easy access and try to click it...it gives me an error. That was 10 seconds into the new User account so I decided to leave it because...I'm trying to fix my Start Menu, not fix brand new errors with new User accounts.
    The ONLY thing I can't do, is repair / reinstall Windows. I work from home and I've got tons of software, plugins, addons, settings, Maya shelf scripts, Unity projects, GitHub, folders and a TON of stuff that I physically don't have the time to reinstall (I also have to find all my CD-Keys and...tons of work).
    So because of one Start Menu, I don't plan to Reinstall everything and take 2 days OFF-work to fix this. I just need to fix this Start Menu. And it is clearly possible since like I said, it works in the new User. It has to be some Shell issue or something.

Thanks for helping in advance!! You will be saving my life.

:)

BenJi2D, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 25, 2019
  3. How to fix start menu after update?

I have the same problem, I tried the suggested fixes but it did not work... The only change after rebooting is that I do not see a "critical error window" open when I click on the start menu anymore. I have no idea what to do. Any brilliant idea out there?
    Thanks!

Michelle TajaMiller, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

Start Menu opens and closes suddenly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to make your start menu work and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following 2 commands in the Powershell prompt:
      • $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifestand press Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"}and press Enter.
    • Close the Powershell window.
    • Reboot.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

1. Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP! - Similar Threads - Start Menu Closing

2. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  3. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  4. Game closing by itself after starting for 1 min. Please help tower of fantasy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game closing by itself after starting for 1 min. Please help tower of fantasy: i just downloaded tower of fantasy game. I played for like 5 min and it was lagging a little. and suddenly closed itself to the launch screen. I checked for viruses and also uninstalled unwanted apps. But its happening again and again whenever i login. please help. My laptop...
  5. Game closing by itself after starting for 1 min. Please help tower of fantasy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game closing by itself after starting for 1 min. Please help tower of fantasy: i just downloaded tower of fantasy game. I played for like 5 min and it was lagging a little. and suddenly closed itself to the launch screen. I checked for viruses and also uninstalled unwanted apps. But its happening again and again whenever i login. please help. My laptop...
  6. start menu locked please help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu locked please help!!: when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how to unlock the start menu other than signing out and back in again. can anyone please help? also, why is this happen only...
  7. Start menu opening and closing itself all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu opening and closing itself all the time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kshaunish7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lizuhn/start_menu_opening_and_closing_itself_all_the_time/
  8. start menu and popup menu are closes itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and popup menu are closes itself: when I am open the start menu, popup menu in windows 10 it closes itself and the mouse is not working at the moment how to I solve it please help me...
  9. Can't close Win 10 Start Menu

Can't close Win 10 Start Menu: So I've had Win 10 for awhile now and despite issues with keeping it from updating I've never had much trouble with it, but all of a sudden like two weeks ago my computer suddenly stuck the start menu in full screen. Whenever I turn it on and try to start up a program off...
  10. Help with start menu font please

Help with start menu font please: So i figured it was time to spice up my windows install a bit. I changed my font via winaero tweaker and it seems to have applied to every area of windows EXCEPT the start menu. When i open the start menu to view all my folders and subsequent apps, the font is standard still....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu closes itself

2. my laptop is stuck on the start menu cant view desktop screen