Windows 10: Start menu continues to be a PITA....

Discus and support Start menu continues to be a PITA.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have uninstalled every update that has been reported to negatively affect Start Menu function, and have installed all the updates that are supposed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thisbutterflyslife, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Start menu continues to be a PITA....

I have uninstalled every update that has been reported to negatively affect Start Menu function, and have installed all the updates that are supposed to fix the Start Menu. Still no working Start Menu.

Thankfully, I can still search and my system tray works, so I can get to my apps without having a million desktop icons or using the Run command.

Did anyone else out there continue to have Start Menu problems after Microsoft supposedly fixed them, and if so, did you figure out how to fix it? I'd really prefer not to have to reinstall Windows....

Also, I apologize if this has already been addressed. I'm new here.

submitted by /u/thisbutterflyslife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thisbutterflyslife, Nov 20, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Start menu continues to be a PITA....

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Start menu continues to be a PITA....

1. Start menu continues to be a PITA.... - Similar Threads - Start menu continues

2. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  3. Continuous loop at start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous loop at start: Hello, my Laptop is in a continuous power loop that goes from the Toshiba logo to "Try to recover the installation" to "restore your previous version of Windows" to the blank screen and then return to the Toshiba logo. I tried the F10 key, but that seems to stop the...
  4. start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a
  5. Start Menu

Start Menu: Since upgrading to Window 10 build 18898, My start menu has changed. I have the ability to show tiles and a full screen of apps. What I am missing is the left side that shows my apps and you have to scroll to see them all. Also when viewing full tile or full app screen my...
  6. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Menu: How to restore alpha order in docs list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/a89ac0d2-0370-4a87-9c8a-53cbe6182708"
  7. Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...: Bluetooth handling on Windows 10 in general is greatly annoying IMHO and lacks a decent control-panel or -app but File transfers are a special PITA! Whenever I want to transfer a couple of files (typically pictures) from my phone to my Surface Pro 4 I can rest assured that...
  8. Start menu

Start menu: Besides Start10 by Stardock(my Norton av sees this one as malicious) what other options are there? I just do not like the win 10 start menu look. 112780
  9. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...
  10. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...