Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error

Discus and support Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since 10130 came out I've had this problem where you simply cant access the start menu or Cortana. Running edge or the store returns with an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksjk1998, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ksjk1998 Win User

Ever since 10130 came out I've had this problem where you simply cant access the start menu or Cortana. Running edge or the store returns with an error from explorer.exe claiming that it's an invalid value for the registry. Looking in other places, I found a solution involving powershell. In simplicity, that did not help at all. Anything that can put me back to normal would be a godsend.

:)

ksjk1998, Jun 20, 2015
  2. ДмитрийЧурин14 Win User

Start, taskbar and all Windows 10 apps crash and restart when I turn on my PC.

Start menu, taskbar, Cortana and all windows 10 metro apps(and MS Edge too) crash and restart after two minutes of starting my PC.

ДмитрийЧурин14, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Raffael Rabelo Win User
    Start menu and Apps with Metro are not working - Windows 10 FInal

Hey guys...

Recently I upgrade my PC windows 8.1 for windows 10.

After join in Domain, start menu and all apps with metro (clock, calculator e etc) stopped work.

I removed the machine from Domain
    and still does not. I did a clean installation
    and it was the same problem.

I checked my GPOs and found nothing!!

Please suggest me a solution

Raffael Rabelo, Jun 20, 2015
  4. davehc Win User

Not sure about Cortana, but for the start issue, this is what I finally tracked down
    Get into settings, you can get there with the Windows Key and I, Select personalization. Select Start. Select "Store and display recently opened programs in start" off. If it is already Off, try and put it on, check start, and then off again.
    It might also trigger Cortana and/or the store..

davehc, Jun 20, 2015
  5. ksjk1998 Win User
    @davehc
    didn't work out for me I'm afraid. I assume this will be fixed in the next build but said build is taking an unusually longer time to release. or I'm getting impatient. Damn I wish I knew what was up.

ksjk1998, Jun 20, 2015
  6. davehc Win User
    OK. Well, just another try. (This did not work for me) . Disable search in the task manager. It will reactivate again and has been known to solve your problem.

davehc, Jun 20, 2015
  7. ksjk1998 Win User
    @davehc
    afraid that didn't work either.

ksjk1998, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error - Similar Threads - Start menu cortana

2. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  3. err_connection_refused on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    err_connection_refused on all browsers: My son's computer has been having this issue for several weeks now, that he cannot access ANY website on any browser. We just get "err_connection_refused". It happens in Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. So it is not an issue with any specific browser. It is not a...
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  5. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...
  6. Credential manager and mail app problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Credential manager and mail app problem: Hi, I recently reinstalled windows 10 (before that on a laptop was preinstalled version of Windows 10) with a clean install but after that, I'm getting an error nr 0x80070425 when I'm trying to open credentials manager in control panel. In services, the credentials manager...
  7. Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing: I have an Inspiron 5566 laptop with Windows 10 Home I have been fighting against the automatic update to 1803 for many weeks (I had been on 1709), because every time it would automatically install I would have to roll back to the previous version because I was unable to...
  8. Email error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email error message: Hi, I keep getting the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I have installed another email program...
  9. Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10: hi there i recently bought a pair of beats x which is a bluetooth connection. i connected it to a pc and its said music and voice connected. But when i started to listening to music it worked fine but when i tried to speak using discord the mic didnt work. i went to control...
  10. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...: The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the resolution to native once I'm in the game. However, as soon as I launch it or switch Windows, a notification pops up telling me that...