Windows 10: Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error

Discus and support Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since 10130 came out I've had this problem where you simply cant access the start menu or Cortana. Running edge or the store returns with an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksjk1998, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ksjk1998 Win User

Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error

Ever since 10130 came out I've had this problem where you simply cant access the start menu or Cortana. Running edge or the store returns with an error from explorer.exe claiming that it's an invalid value for the registry. Looking in other places, I found a solution involving powershell. In simplicity, that did not help at all. Anything that can put me back to normal would be a godsend.

:)

ksjk1998, Jun 20, 2015

2. Start, taskbar and all Windows 10 apps crash and restart when I turn on my PC.

Start menu, taskbar, Cortana and all windows 10 metro apps(and MS Edge too) crash and restart after two minutes of starting my PC.

ДмитрийЧурин14, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Start menu and Apps with Metro are not working - Windows 10 FInal

Hey guys...

Recently I upgrade my PC windows 8.1 for windows 10.

After join in Domain, start menu and all apps with metro (clock, calculator e etc) stopped work.

I removed the machine from Domain
    and still does not. I did a clean installation
    and it was the same problem.

I checked my GPOs and found nothing!!

Please suggest me a solution

Raffael Rabelo, Jun 20, 2015
  4. davehc Win User

Not sure about Cortana, but for the start issue, this is what I finally tracked down
    Get into settings, you can get there with the Windows Key and I, Select personalization. Select Start. Select "Store and display recently opened programs in start" off. If it is already Off, try and put it on, check start, and then off again.
    It might also trigger Cortana and/or the store..

davehc, Jun 20, 2015
  5. ksjk1998 Win User
    @davehc
    didn't work out for me I'm afraid. I assume this will be fixed in the next build but said build is taking an unusually longer time to release. or I'm getting impatient. Damn I wish I knew what was up.

ksjk1998, Jun 20, 2015
  6. davehc Win User
    OK. Well, just another try. (This did not work for me) . Disable search in the task manager. It will reactivate again and has been known to solve your problem.

davehc, Jun 20, 2015
  7. ksjk1998 Win User
    @davehc
    afraid that didn't work either.

ksjk1998, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error - Similar Threads - Start menu cortana

2. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  3. Critical Error Start Menu Cortana Not Working

in Cortana
    Critical Error Start Menu Cortana Not Working: Good Day all. I have a very big problem with my pc and I really need a very good solution to solve it if there's any. This error may be common to few but mine is like an evolved version of it. Yes, few people get this error due to some regrettable actions they performed,...
  4. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  5. How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?: Hello All, After the nightmare update we have all be enjoying, which has reset a lot of my customisation and fonts as well as killing one app, I have also got all my apps showing in my start menu instead of the convenient 'All Apps' button which made my start menu so neat...
  6. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  7. Start and Metro Apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start and Metro Apps are not working: Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now...
  8. Start Menu, Cortana and most Metro Apps/UI features fail to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Cortana and most Metro Apps/UI features fail to load: Hi, I've become a victim of the "Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" error. The Start menu prompts this error to appear, while Cortana, Battery, Wireless, Sound, Notifications and Clock also do not respond to clicks;...
  9. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  10. Cortana and Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu Not Working: After the most recent Windows Update, the Start Menu and Cortana stopped working. You can't type in the search bar and can't click on anything in the Start Menu. This is Windows 10 on a Dell XPS that was originally Windows 7. I tried a bunch of things and when I did a sfc...