Windows 10: Start menu Crashing (sort of)

Discus and support Start menu Crashing (sort of) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hkVjJlqI5fo Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by itechu, Jan 26, 2016.

1. itechu Win User

Start menu Crashing (sort of)

[youtube]hkVjJlqI5fo[/youtube]

Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons makes that menu crash. So does searches. Extremely annoying. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

itechu, Jan 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar functionality

It's the bar along the bottom of the screen I'm referring to. The Start button, the Search Box and the icons on the right hand side are all unresponsive. I can't actually open the Start Menu to see any programs I have. The already Pinned Programs are the
    only responsive thing, sort of, one of which is Edge which crashes anyway.

Matthew Meaklim, Jan 26, 2016
  3. How to sort apps in start menu?

2017 is ending and apparentely it is still not possible, which sucks big time.

I'm in IT and I need to get multiple recovery and testing apps and to try multiple applications and the infinite alphabetical listing is useless. I can't possibly remember the names of all applications I keep on my computer and I need to group them by use.
    Even worse, some systems will end up with several entries spread out on the menu (FreeFileSynch).

The tile system in the start menu is no help either since it takes so much space.

Windows is fast becoming a toy OS.

JorgeTorrendell, Jan 26, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Start menu Crashing (sort of) - Similar Threads - Start menu Crashing

2. Windows 10 start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu crashes: Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the search result (which are incomplete). The same happens when i try to search sth in the windows settings. The window freezes...
  3. Sorting Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting Start screen tiles: Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a new one, simply to maintain their alphabetic order. 49361
  4. Apps Menu Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Menu Sorting: I decided to create a folder in the apps menu for all of my games. I moved all of my game shortcuts from my desktop into the new Games folder I discovered that if there was already an entry for a game in another folder that the new entry would not be displayed. This is not...
  5. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  6. Start menu not sorting and tooltip not right

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not sorting and tooltip not right: New installation of windows 10. Not really liking the start menu - all apps - alphabetical sorting, but I also noticed that it is not actually in alphabetical order if you rename the shortcut. For example I renamed a shortcut from "Run <Shortcut name>" to just "<shortcut...
  7. Occasional start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional start menu crashes: last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a live tile might be to blame. I turn on the pc a few times a day and so far it seems to of happened once each day for the past...
  8. Start menu items will not remain sorted by name after renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu items will not remain sorted by name after renaming: Hello ! I'm using windows 10 buid 1511 I have a strange issue : When I install a new program , a shortcut is created on start menu , and this shortcut is located correctly according to first letter , for example "Adobe Photoshop CC" , is located under "A" section on start...
  9. start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu crashes: how to do this for startmenu ? my start menu crashes when nvidia driver crashes and it wont open. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 19017
  10. windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!: please can someone explain how i get rid of this crap please! i wish for my start menu to be organized, small, and clean and not cluttered! i wish i could take it back to before where i would just click all apps or hell even type the name in search but im honestly stumped!...