Windows 10: Start menu Crashing (sort of)

Discus and support Start menu Crashing (sort of) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hkVjJlqI5fo Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by itechu, Jan 26, 2016.

1. itechu Win User

Start menu Crashing (sort of)

[youtube]hkVjJlqI5fo[/youtube]

Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons makes that menu crash. So does searches. Extremely annoying. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

itechu, Jan 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar functionality

It's the bar along the bottom of the screen I'm referring to. The Start button, the Search Box and the icons on the right hand side are all unresponsive. I can't actually open the Start Menu to see any programs I have. The already Pinned Programs are the
    only responsive thing, sort of, one of which is Edge which crashes anyway.

Matthew Meaklim, Jan 26, 2016
  3. How to sort apps in start menu?

2017 is ending and apparentely it is still not possible, which sucks big time.

I'm in IT and I need to get multiple recovery and testing apps and to try multiple applications and the infinite alphabetical listing is useless. I can't possibly remember the names of all applications I keep on my computer and I need to group them by use.
    Even worse, some systems will end up with several entries spread out on the menu (FreeFileSynch).

The tile system in the start menu is no help either since it takes so much space.

Windows is fast becoming a toy OS.

JorgeTorrendell, Jan 26, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Start menu Crashing (sort of) - Similar Threads - Start menu Crashing

2. how to sort the start menu in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to sort the start menu in windows 11.: i want to sort the start menu and make it full screen! I like to sort the desktop icons like windows 10 . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-the-start-menu-in-windows-11/064f5970-4a5c-4665-b57d-a4ae377d8e22
  3. how to sort the start menu in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to sort the start menu in windows 11.: i want to sort the start menu and make it full screen! I like to sort the desktop icons like windows 10 . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-the-start-menu-in-windows-11/064f5970-4a5c-4665-b57d-a4ae377d8e22
  4. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10: Just installed Win10 in a newly built computer and I can't rationalize my Start menu. Some items can't be moved into appropriate subject folders, and some bloatware items can't be deleted or even moved to a Bloatware folder where they can be ignored . Is there a way to take...
  5. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10: Just installed Win10 in a newly built computer and I can't rationalize my Start menu. Some items can't be moved into appropriate subject folders, and some bloatware items can't be deleted or even moved to a Bloatware folder where they can be ignored . Is there a way to take...
  6. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Menu Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Crashing: This has been happening to me since I updated Windows to version 2004. Every time I try to scroll on the start menu, or try to open a folder in it, it crashes and restarts. I can only go through it by using the alphabet sorting thingy. Please help....
  8. Start Menu Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Crashes: I'm a long term MS Windows user and I used to access all folder in system drive. After Windows 7 accessing some folder such as AppData and DocumentsandSettings folders was too more complicated. I used a little and handy program called NTFS access and guaranteed access every...
  9. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  10. Start menu not sorting and tooltip not right

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not sorting and tooltip not right: New installation of windows 10. Not really liking the start menu - all apps - alphabetical sorting, but I also noticed that it is not actually in alphabetical order if you rename the shortcut. For example I renamed a shortcut from "Run <Shortcut name>" to just "<shortcut...