Windows 10: Start Menu Crashing

Discus and support Start Menu Crashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been happening to me since I updated Windows to version 2004. Every time I try to scroll on the start menu, or try to open a folder in it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ilya M. S., May 29, 2020.

1. Start Menu Crashing

This has been happening to me since I updated Windows to version 2004. Every time I try to scroll on the start menu, or try to open a folder in it, it crashes and restarts. I can only go through it by using the alphabet sorting thingy. Please help.

:)

Ilya M. S., May 29, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User
    AndreePin, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 29, 2020
  4. Start Menu Crashing

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu Crashing

1. Start Menu Crashing - Similar Threads - Start Menu Crashing

2. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  3. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  4. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Crashing and start menu Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Crashing and start menu Problem: Hi, My name is Piyush and i am a software engineer. I am a windows 10 user from years and now I need help from Microsoft. After I updated my windows 10 pro 20H1 to 20H2. My PC crashes everytime and even when it works, the start menu doesn't opens. I tried many steps like:...
  6. Start Menu Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Crashes: I'm a long term MS Windows user and I used to access all folder in system drive. After Windows 7 accessing some folder such as AppData and DocumentsandSettings folders was too more complicated. I used a little and handy program called NTFS access and guaranteed access every...
  7. Windows 10 start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu crashes: Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the search result (which are incomplete). The same happens when i try to search sth in the windows settings. The window freezes...
  8. Start menu Crashing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Crashing (sort of): hkVjJlqI5fo Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons makes that menu crash. So does searches. Extremely annoying. Any help greatly appreciated. 38760
  9. Occasional start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional start menu crashes: last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a live tile might be to blame. I turn on the pc a few times a day and so far it seems to of happened once each day for the past...
  10. start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu crashes: how to do this for startmenu ? my start menu crashes when nvidia driver crashes and it wont open. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 19017