Windows 10: Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?

Discus and support Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, When starting PC today my Start menu is delayed, can't search and can't open Cortana. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I'm on latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mambans, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?

Hello, When starting PC today my Start menu is delayed, can't search and can't open Cortana.
    Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

I'm on latest 1909 update.

submitted by /u/mambans
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mambans, Dec 11, 2019

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

HI! I have a problem with Cortana. I can´t see Cortana in start menu and also when I search for Cortana and I tap on e.g. Cortana premissions, it just opens windows settings. So I tried to allow Cortana through Local Group Policy Editor, but still nothing,
    even after PC restart. So now I don´t know what to do. Could you help me please?

Jakub578, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?

1. Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ? - Similar Threads - Start menu delayed

2. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Cortana
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  3. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  4. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  6. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  7. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  8. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
  9. Can't search from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search from Start menu: Hello! I recently had to reinstall (complete/clean install) W-10, and ever since then I cannot search from Start. I open the Start menu as normal, either by clicking the icon or by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard, but when I press any key as I normally would to...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...