Windows 10: start menu disappeared

Discus and support start menu disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My list on the start menu list is gone how do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elane.rod.fel, Jul 6, 2020.

1. start menu disappeared

My list on the start menu list is gone how do I get it back?

:)

elane.rod.fel, Jul 6, 2020

2. Start menu disappeared

I tried all the suggested steps without any improvement. What's next?

RonUmhoefer, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Start menu Windows 10 disappeared

• <Original title: Original Start menu>

• start menu disappeared [​IMG]
      Start up menu windows 10 disappeared

Original title: Start up menu windows 10 does not appear anymore, none of the programs show up. All I have is a black drop window with a list of items. How can I get the original start menu back?

MartheCUSSON, Jul 6, 2020
  4. start menu disappeared

Start menu disappeared

I am having the same problem. This was working for a month, now out the the blue it is not:

• no Start Menu,
    • no search menu or function,
    • no Cortana,
    • no Edge
    • no Notifications
    Running sfc/scannow finds no integrity violations.

Running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

produces Error 87... option is unkonwn.

Tried the Powershell command as admin, no change noticed.

MichaelMontague, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

start menu disappeared

1. start menu disappeared - Similar Threads - start menu disappeared

2. Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu: As shown in picture, all exe applications excluding those from Microsoft store disappears on start menu. Even disappear in all Apps. I have tried some methods such as sfc/scannow, delete iconcache create another user account etc., but none of them work so far.Anyone has...
  3. my start menu disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    my start menu disappeared: Is there a simple fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-disappeared/f8c0e2dd-41e7-4ff0-a2ae-c32d330d7f01
  4. SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]

SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]: PROBLEM STATEMENT: All of the sudden one day the Start Menu in Win 10 stopped working, clicking the button or pressing the Win key had no effect. After spending hours exploring all manner of weird and wonderful *hacks* on the Internets to no effect I have stumbled across...
  5. Start menu and Edge disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and Edge disappearing: The mid October I went to click on the tray icon for Edge and it disappeared (leaving a blank location). The next time I clicked on the start menu icon it paused then popped up with the "Critical Error_ Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you...
  6. Icons on start menu disappears

Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  7. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866
  8. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451
  9. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...
  10. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...