Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone

Discus and support Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Heres what new in Windows 10 build 10122 Start and Continuum improvements: This build introduces some of the changes that were shown off by Joe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by welcometoheaven, May 21, 2015.

1. welcometoheaven Win User

Heres what new in Windows 10 build 10122

In this article and another I was reading they discussed why they removed the full screen button, basically no one was using it and it lead to confusion.

It got me thinking why don't they just put the option for tablet mode in the start menu next to all apps, power, settings, file manager and call it a day.

How is the start menu working out for everyone here?

:)

welcometoheaven, May 21, 2015
  2. Man Kind 1999 Win User

START MENU ITEMS ARE GONE, FULL SCREEN MENU IS GONE AFTER UPDATE

WHAT IN THE LIVING #$#*()#

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE UPDATES IF THEY ARE GOING TO REMOVE THE FEW PARTS THAT DON'T SUCK UTTER **** ABOUT THIS OPERATING SYSTEM??? WTF ARE MY START MENU ITEMS, THAT I HAD GRUPED, AND ORGANIZED FOR WORK/PLAY ETC??????? WHY AM I SEEING NOW YOUR CREAT /
    PLAY /EXPLORE BS CATEGORIES THAT I DON'T WANT, DON'T NEED, NEVER ASKED FOR AND HAVE REPLACED ALL MY ACTUAL ICON AND SETTINGS????????

I'M SICK OF THIS NOSENSE AFTER EVERY UPDATE, DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO GET ANYTHING RIGHT SINCE WINDOWS 7????????????????????

Man Kind 1999, May 21, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    START MENU ITEMS ARE GONE, FULL SCREEN MENU IS GONE AFTER UPDATE

Hi Man.

You have my condolences and sympathy (I am delaying my next update for fear of ending up the same way .... ). You are the second person to make this complaint today. Sorry I have no fix for it.

Unfortunately, this is not the best place to express your "satisfaction" with MS. The people manning this forum are NOT MS employees. If submit your posting above (just copy and paste it) using the Feedback hub at least one real MS employee will see it, and
    maybe add you to the tally of 'satisfied customers'.

WIN10- SEND FEEDBACK TO MICROSOFT WITH THE FEEDBACK HUB APP <WIN><F>

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402156...

There are real MS staff and developers who monitor all submissions to the UserVoice forums whether you submit them through the Feedback Hub, or by using the Feedback command built in to some MS applications, like Office 2016, or by using the appropriate link
    directly

This next link is a wiki with a collection of MS UserVoice.com sites I’ve encountered (I’m sure there are more):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Actually, there is a tiny chance of a fix. Recently, update has been creating temporary profiles that are generic, but often your real profile is still there, at least partially.

2017 10 20- MISSING APPS AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE – FCU – TEMPORARY PROFILE

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

This reply from MS has the following steps

1 Repair or Reset the missing apps

2 Uninstall and reinstall the missing apps

3 Re-register the missing apps using PowerShell –

4 Back out Windows Update

5 Perform Windows Reset

Rohn007, May 21, 2015
  4. Slartybart Win User

Settings > Personalization > Start
    You can always launch Start in full screen

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

I've abandoned 10.0.122 - it is too flakey to even test on this machine - basically I cannot connect to my router. I can connect to WiFi hotspots in my neighborhood - but they're really slow. It is NOT my device - no problem on 10.0.74 or 8.1 - sooooo it's 122 that has the issue.

Slartybart, May 22, 2015
  5. Mark Phelps Win User
    Don't have a touch screen, so I have no use for Tablet mode or for the Start Menu to be full screen. When MS changed the Start Menu to be a miniature version of the Start Screen and added the full-screen option, to me, it seemed that what they did was to allow for two different full-screen, metro-oriented start displays. Seemed to me that if you used the Start Menu in full-screen mode, you were essentially duplicating the functionality of the Start Screen.

So, to me, removing the full-screen option from the Start Menu is an improvement, as it now makes the Start Menu quite different from the Start Screen. Also, they added the option to shrink the Start Menu size -- something I like.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone - Similar Threads - Start menu discussion

1. Start Menu Customization

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  2. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  3. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  4. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise: I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc...
  5. Would an out-of-date video driver cause the Start menu to stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Would an out-of-date video driver cause the Start menu to stop working: Hello, A while back, I had a problem where the Start menu wouldn't work. This started as an intermittent problem that usually went away when I rebooted, but developed into a full-time issue. Despite a lot of help in this forum (thanks again to all those who put in so much...
  6. Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu: The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)...
  7. Missing Start Menu icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Menu icons.: A lot of my Start Menu icons have recently disappeared. Both tiles and "All Apps" entries. The missing items range from games to Windows features. For example "Windows Accessories" only has three items listed and "Windows Administrative Tools" is missing altogether. The only...
Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone solved