Windows 10: Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone

Discus and support Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Heres what new in Windows 10 build 10122 Start and Continuum improvements: This build introduces some of the changes that were shown off by Joe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by welcometoheaven, May 21, 2015.

1. Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone

Heres what new in Windows 10 build 10122

In this article and another I was reading they discussed why they removed the full screen button, basically no one was using it and it lead to confusion.

It got me thinking why don't they just put the option for tablet mode in the start menu next to all apps, power, settings, file manager and call it a day.

How is the start menu working out for everyone here?

:)

welcometoheaven, May 21, 2015

2. START MENU ITEMS ARE GONE, FULL SCREEN MENU IS GONE AFTER UPDATE

WHAT IN THE LIVING #$#*()#

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE UPDATES IF THEY ARE GOING TO REMOVE THE FEW PARTS THAT DON'T SUCK UTTER **** ABOUT THIS OPERATING SYSTEM??? WTF ARE MY START MENU ITEMS, THAT I HAD GRUPED, AND ORGANIZED FOR WORK/PLAY ETC??????? WHY AM I SEEING NOW YOUR CREAT /
    PLAY /EXPLORE BS CATEGORIES THAT I DON'T WANT, DON'T NEED, NEVER ASKED FOR AND HAVE REPLACED ALL MY ACTUAL ICON AND SETTINGS????????

I'M SICK OF THIS NOSENSE AFTER EVERY UPDATE, DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO GET ANYTHING RIGHT SINCE WINDOWS 7????????????????????

Man Kind 1999, May 21, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    START MENU ITEMS ARE GONE, FULL SCREEN MENU IS GONE AFTER UPDATE

Hi Man.

You have my condolences and sympathy (I am delaying my next update for fear of ending up the same way .... ). You are the second person to make this complaint today. Sorry I have no fix for it.

Unfortunately, this is not the best place to express your "satisfaction" with MS. The people manning this forum are NOT MS employees. If submit your posting above (just copy and paste it) using the Feedback hub at least one real MS employee will see it, and
    maybe add you to the tally of 'satisfied customers'.

WIN10- SEND FEEDBACK TO MICROSOFT WITH THE FEEDBACK HUB APP <WIN><F>

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402156...

There are real MS staff and developers who monitor all submissions to the UserVoice forums whether you submit them through the Feedback Hub, or by using the Feedback command built in to some MS applications, like Office 2016, or by using the appropriate link
    directly

This next link is a wiki with a collection of MS UserVoice.com sites I’ve encountered (I’m sure there are more):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Actually, there is a tiny chance of a fix. Recently, update has been creating temporary profiles that are generic, but often your real profile is still there, at least partially.

2017 10 20- MISSING APPS AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE – FCU – TEMPORARY PROFILE

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

This reply from MS has the following steps

1 Repair or Reset the missing apps

2 Uninstall and reinstall the missing apps

3 Re-register the missing apps using PowerShell –

4 Back out Windows Update

5 Perform Windows Reset

Rohn007, May 21, 2015
  4. Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone

Settings > Personalization > Start
    You can always launch Start in full screen

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

I've abandoned 10.0.122 - it is too flakey to even test on this machine - basically I cannot connect to my router. I can connect to WiFi hotspots in my neighborhood - but they're really slow. It is NOT my device - no problem on 10.0.74 or 8.1 - sooooo it's 122 that has the issue.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
  5. Don't have a touch screen, so I have no use for Tablet mode or for the Start Menu to be full screen. When MS changed the Start Menu to be a miniature version of the Start Screen and added the full-screen option, to me, it seemed that what they did was to allow for two different full-screen, metro-oriented start displays. Seemed to me that if you used the Start Menu in full-screen mode, you were essentially duplicating the functionality of the Start Screen.

So, to me, removing the full-screen option from the Start Menu is an improvement, as it now makes the Start Menu quite different from the Start Screen. Also, they added the option to shrink the Start Menu size -- something I like.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone

1. Start menu discussion: full screen button is gone - Similar Threads - Start menu discussion

2. Windows 11 Start menu full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start menu full screen: A couple years back, shortly after Windows 11 was released, I read an article on the Microsoft website saying that developers were working to bring back the full screen Start menu. Fast forward to now, and it's still the same. Just wondering what's going on with this. The...
  3. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  4. Start Menu full screen

Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  5. Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode

Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode: I have three different Acer computers all running the latest release of Windows 10 home. All have processed the latest October 8th release updates to 1903. One user account on one computer is "stuck" in full screen mode. The same user account on the other two are "normal."...
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  7. Start Menu Full Screen not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Menu Full Screen not working: Hi, I have been trying to switch my start up window to my start menu. However, whenever I enable the option "Full screen," in (settings=>personalization=>Start), there are no changes whatsoever taking place. I have tried restarting the PC to no avail. I am kindly requesting...
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. problem with full screen start menu

problem with full screen start menu: when I set the start menu to display in full screen it becomes finicky. It sometimes won't open at all. If I go back and change one item it will start working again. It seems like it does not matter which item I chg. If I chg it back it will keep working for a while. any...
  10. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551