Windows 10: Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged.

Discus and support Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After starting my PC, sometimes my start menu does not open. And even if it did then the search function doesn't work. Like if I open the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Aug 11, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged.

After starting my PC, sometimes my start menu does not open. And even if it did then the search function doesn't work.
    Like if I open the start menu and type "a" then the start menu it goes full black with 4 blue dots at it's top moving left to right indicating that it is loading but it's stuck forever.

To fix this I need to restart my PC each time.
    And idea what is causing this?

I am using Windows 10 Pro clean install with dual monitor setup.

:)

lolcocks, Aug 11, 2015
  2. WikiHelp Win User

Start Menu does not open or not working in Windows 10

After Windows 10 Update, My Laptop Start Menu Not Working. How to fix it.

WikiHelp, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 11, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Does your whole taskbar vanish when it is doing this? I noticed that the taskbar and "start menu" are a little buggy, I installed Classic Shell and I use Shift+Win" to get into the default Start Menu, else I just use the Classic Start menu, cos I like the way it's arranged. When I want to get into the Tile Apps, I use Shift+Win and I haven't had any problems. But when I initially installed ClassicShell, Windows took about 15 minutes to populate the CS start menu. During that time, it was acting pretty much as you describe, plus my taskbar was unusable. But after that it started working fine, both ClassicShell and the default Start Menu.

Also, and I think this is related, go into your Settings->Updates and Security->Windows Update->Advanced Options->Choose how Updates are Delivered and shut this switch off:

Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged. [​IMG]

This'll take your PC out of the MS Update p2p "cloud" that basically turn your system into a server, that service uses up a lot of resources, which might be interfering with your normal use.

XweAponX, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged. - Similar Threads - Start menu does

2. Not able to use Microsoft Store, Search on the taskbar, Open start menu sometimes, turn on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to use Microsoft Store, Search on the taskbar, Open start menu sometimes, turn on...: I'm not sure whats going on but for 2 days now my pc has been having some issues. I havent installed or done anything and all of a sudden the pc wont allow me to access or do some features.Mircrosoft Store - I am unable to access it now and previously was not able to do any...
  3. Not able to use Microsoft Store, Search on the taskbar, Open start menu sometimes, turn on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to use Microsoft Store, Search on the taskbar, Open start menu sometimes, turn on...: I'm not sure whats going on but for 2 days now my pc has been having some issues. I havent installed or done anything and all of a sudden the pc wont allow me to access or do some features.Mircrosoft Store - I am unable to access it now and previously was not able to do any...
  4. Start Menu and Search Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu and Search Bug: Start button becomes unresponsive and search bar disappears when transfering something from usb or something like that.I have the latest version of Windows.Searched internet but could not find a solution.I just know that many people seems to have this start menu issue.Anyone...
  5. KB4522016 Start menu search bar bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4522016 Start menu search bar bug: After installing KB4522016 I can't type in the search bar to the right of the Windows button. After uninstalling the update it works again, but my company's security policy keeps pushing it down to me. Anyone having this issue or have a fix?...
  6. Start Menu search does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu search does not work: Hello, After one of more recent Windows 10 updates my Start Menu search has stopped working. When I search for anything it does not display any results. The rest of Start Menu seems to be working fine - although it's very hard to find things manually. How can I fix this? My...
  7. Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug: When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead. This happens randomly and only gets fixed after a reboot. The last time it occurred was after updating a Store app through the Microsoft Store....
  8. Windows start menu does not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu does not open: I am experiencing issue with Windows 10, that windows menu does not open on windows click nor on the Win key. Unlike of the older similar thread however, everything else works, including right-mouse button, pinned applications, etc - only start menu does not open. On first...
  9. Bugged Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugged Start Menu: Can anyone help to solve my issue with this start menu [img] 49907
  10. Start menu or search won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu or search won't open: I did a clean install of w10 from w7 a couple of months ago and everything has been running fine until about a week ago since when I've not been able open the start menue. Reading through other posts on line with the same problem has not provided a solution so far. I've ran...