Windows 10: Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged.

Discus and support Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After starting my PC, sometimes my start menu does not open. And even if it did then the search function doesn't work. Like if I open the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Aug 11, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged.

After starting my PC, sometimes my start menu does not open. And even if it did then the search function doesn't work.
    Like if I open the start menu and type "a" then the start menu it goes full black with 4 blue dots at it's top moving left to right indicating that it is loading but it's stuck forever.

To fix this I need to restart my PC each time.
    And idea what is causing this?

I am using Windows 10 Pro clean install with dual monitor setup.

:)

lolcocks, Aug 11, 2015
  2. WikiHelp Win User

Start Menu does not open or not working in Windows 10

After Windows 10 Update, My Laptop Start Menu Not Working. How to fix it.

WikiHelp, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 11, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Does your whole taskbar vanish when it is doing this? I noticed that the taskbar and "start menu" are a little buggy, I installed Classic Shell and I use Shift+Win" to get into the default Start Menu, else I just use the Classic Start menu, cos I like the way it's arranged. When I want to get into the Tile Apps, I use Shift+Win and I haven't had any problems. But when I initially installed ClassicShell, Windows took about 15 minutes to populate the CS start menu. During that time, it was acting pretty much as you describe, plus my taskbar was unusable. But after that it started working fine, both ClassicShell and the default Start Menu.

Also, and I think this is related, go into your Settings->Updates and Security->Windows Update->Advanced Options->Choose how Updates are Delivered and shut this switch off:

Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged. [​IMG]

This'll take your PC out of the MS Update p2p "cloud" that basically turn your system into a server, that service uses up a lot of resources, which might be interfering with your normal use.

XweAponX, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged. - Similar Threads - Start menu does

2. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  3. Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug: When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead. This happens randomly and only gets fixed after a reboot. The last time it occurred was after updating a Store app through the Microsoft Store....
  4. Windows start menu does not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu does not open: I am experiencing issue with Windows 10, that windows menu does not open on windows click nor on the Win key. Unlike of the older similar thread however, everything else works, including right-mouse button, pinned applications, etc - only start menu does not open. On first...
  5. Bugged Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugged Start Menu: Can anyone help to solve my issue with this start menu [img] 49907
  6. Start menu or search won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu or search won't open: I did a clean install of w10 from w7 a couple of months ago and everything has been running fine until about a week ago since when I've not been able open the start menue. Reading through other posts on line with the same problem has not provided a solution so far. I've ran...
  7. Start menu search does not show installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search does not show installed apps: My start menu does not show any installed apps such as VLC, steam or you name it. It does show up things like calculator but for the most part it does not show any installed apps. I did not mess with the indexing option and dont know what im missing here. How do I have my...
  8. Windows 10 start menu or search wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu or search wont open: well even one build ago (im now on windows build 10051) after a while the start menu wont open and the new search also wont open. i cant even check id modern apps work because powershell is giving me a error. im running sfc /scannow atm so ill report back. 5300
  9. CU - Start Menu bugs out and won't launch searched apps

in Windows 10 Support
    CU - Start Menu bugs out and won't launch searched apps: So I've been getting this really weird behaviour from the Start menu search tool. If I type in something like Paint or AMD (To launch Paint or AMD's config tool) the icon appears in the list, but clicking it does nothing. Can't even right click launch them. Some apps like...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...