Windows 10: Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

Discus and support Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AB_84, Dec 12, 2022.

1. AB_84 Win User

Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc. It is working fine with every other app and windows but just not on windows default apps and start menu.The mouse is still recognized and usable.This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or changed any settings.I have tried restarting the computer then explorer.exe but nothing changed.I'm running Windows 11 version 21H2Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AB_84, Dec 12, 2022

2. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

Hi there.

Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc.
    The mouse is still recognized and usable.
    This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or changed any settings.

I have tried restarting the computer then explorer.exe but nothing changed.

I'm running Windows 10 version 21H1

Any help would be appreciated.

Ahmed Sherif1, Dec 12, 2022
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Dec 12, 2022
  4. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 12, 2022
Thema:

Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

1. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs - Similar Threads - Start Menu Does

2. Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields: I am running Windows 11 up to date on a Dell XPS 15 9560. I have been having problems with the start menu, desktop and other OS text input fields. In some areas no keyboard inputs are recognised, for example in the start menu I cannot search for anything as no text is entered...
  3. Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields: I am running Windows 11 up to date on a Dell XPS 15 9560. I have been having problems with the start menu, desktop and other OS text input fields. In some areas no keyboard inputs are recognised, for example in the start menu I cannot search for anything as no text is entered...
  4. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc. It is working fine with every other app and windows but just not on windows default apps and start menu.The mouse is...
  5. keyboard input in start menu and others areas of windows not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard input in start menu and others areas of windows not working: Hi,my problem is that i cannot use the keyboard on the start menu or other windows area, like typing the password for wifi, but the keyboard works on programs.For example, i'm able to lunch word and type a text. Remove the keyboard from device manager and restarted the laptop...
  6. keyboard input in start menu and others areas of windows not working

keyboard input in start menu and others areas of windows not working: Hi,my problem is that i cannot use the keyboard on the start menu or other windows area, like typing the password for wifi, but the keyboard works on programs.For example, i'm able to lunch word and type a text. Remove the keyboard from device manager and restarted the laptop...
  7. MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.

MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.: I have a midi-usb cable. MIDI is plugged in and out of the keyboard, and into the computer. My laptop recognizes the keyboard, but does not have any input when I play. Everything is on. I use cakewalk by bandlab, and my laptop is relatively new. Of course, inputs are checked...
  8. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Hi there.Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc.The mouse is still recognized and usable.This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or...
  9. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Hi there.Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc.The mouse is still recognized and usable.This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or...
  10. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Customization