Windows 10: Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them

Discus and support Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there any way to make the Start Menu's "Search" function default to actually searching my computer, rather than the internet? There are multiple... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KadinWisniewski, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them

Is there any way to make the Start Menu's "Search" function default to actually searching my computer, rather than the internet? There are multiple programs I have installed that simply don't appear in the results when I search for them, even though they're installed on my boot drive Audacity & Handbrake, for example. I'm able to pin the .exe files to the start menu, which then fixes the problem, but I feel like I shouldn't have to pin every single program that I use frequently to the start menu just to make them appear there when I search for them.

:)

KadinWisniewski, Feb 15, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

@dalchina, How can I view the installed programs in installed date order.

Manasan3010, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them

Start menu doesn`t work, and the search button too

Hi,

For us to assist you more effectively, we would like to know the following:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages when using the Start Menu and search field?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the problem aside from PowerShell?

We'll be waiting for your reply so we could help you out.

Ramon Imp, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them

1. Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them - Similar Threads - Start menu doesn't

2. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  3. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  4. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  5. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  6. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Start menu shows deleted programs when I search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu shows deleted programs when I search: I read the other entries and I tried to delete icons or folders from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program is not In there. You can see the search view below, I cannot click on the program, cannot right-click, cannot open and etc. This is just...
  8. Start menu search not returning installed apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search not returning installed apps: Hello there, The start menu search won't return some applications when i search them, i'd like to have the same behavior like the previous windows version. I have checked that the application in background checkbox is checked in the privacy settings, but it doesn't help, any...
  9. Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu

in Cortana
    Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu: Hello, I purchased a new SSD and made a clean install of windows 10 on it , After installing all my apps I noticed the some apps are not appearing as a serch result when searching from them from windows search , While I can open them from start menu itself , It is really...
  10. Start Menu programs broken (clicking on them doesn't do anything)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu programs broken (clicking on them doesn't do anything): Hello, Here's the situation: I start my PC, and get to the desktop. I press the Win key, which opens up the Start menu, then type in (to search), say, Discord. It finds "Discord" for "Best match", and it's a "Desktop app". That's normal so far. I click on Discord,...