Windows 10: Start menu doesn't let me scroll down

Discus and support Start menu doesn't let me scroll down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dxn47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnk1vg/start_menu_doesnt_let_me_scroll_down/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dxn47, Feb 19, 2021.

1. /u/dxn47 Win User

Start menu doesn't let me scroll down

/u/dxn47, Feb 19, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Start menu doesn't let me scroll down [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 19, 2021
  3. MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Feb 19, 2021
  4. AB_721 Win User

windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hello,

I have the same problem existing for more than 2 weeks ago. When trying select start menu I received message "critical mistake, start menu doesnt work. We´ll try to fix it next time you log on" and "immidetly logg off".

I tried everything, fsc scan (no corupted filles found), dism, powershell(attempt reinstall apps with offered commands), wsreset.exe, booting in safe mode (in safe mode the start menu also doesn´t work), etc.... but without succes. I log on with microsoft
    account. I had no installed new applications for a while.

Sorry for bad english...

Anton

AB_721, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Start menu doesn't let me scroll down - Similar Threads - Start menu doesn't

2. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  3. Scrolling doesn't work in start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling doesn't work in start menu.: Two finger scrolling gesture on trackpad doesn't work in start menu. It works in other apps like Edge etc. But not in start menu. I have Lenovo ideapad 320e with elan trackpad drivers. Windows 10 (1909) submitted by /u/Orion_001 [link] [comments]...
  4. Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu

Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu: It happened when I got the April update last year and since then I didn't search for a solution. But here's the issue scrolling works perfectly everywhere on my system except when I open the Start Menu scrolling doesn't work on it and I have to use the scroll bar on the side...
  5. Start menu trackpad scrolling

Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  6. Tiles Scroll Down in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tiles Scroll Down in Start Menu: I just purchased a new laptop. It's running Windows 10, which is also what my old laptop is running. With the new one, when I click the start menu, the start menu opens and the tiles "scroll down." This does not happen on my old laptop. Where is the setting that one might...
  7. scrolling down doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scrolling down doesn't work: Hi you all, I have a serious annoying problem with my Microsoft Mouse (Mouse Windows Confort4500). My O.S. is Windows 10. It always worked good, but now it opposes resistance on scrolling down, while there are no problem on scrolling up (not the wheel itself, but the...
  8. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  9. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.: Hi. Anyone else have this issue? 33630
  10. can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Support
    can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ?: hi can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard? i googled it , but i can't find a solution thanks 40039