Windows 10: start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2

Discus and support start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for some reason my start menu does not open when i click on it. and when i press the windows key. i tried resetting every app and it didn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dario Copic, Aug 29, 2022.

1. start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2

for some reason my start menu does not open when i click on it. and when i press the windows key. i tried resetting every app and it didn't work.

:)

Dario Copic, Aug 29, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 29, 2022
  3. MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Aug 29, 2022
  4. start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2

Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2

1. start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2 - Similar Threads - start menu doesn't

2. start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2: for some reason my start menu does not open when i click on it. and when i press the windows key. i tried resetting every app and it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-doesnt-open-on-windows-10-20h2/a96e4c6f-79d3-45b4-9092-4b56b3ae7659
  3. start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu doesn't open on windows 10 20h2: for some reason my start menu does not open when i click on it. and when i press the windows key. i tried resetting every app and it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-doesnt-open-on-windows-10-20h2/a96e4c6f-79d3-45b4-9092-4b56b3ae7659
  4. Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.: Hi, for the past week or so I've had an issue with the Start Menu on Windows 11 not acting properly. When clicking on the window icon it may or may not open the start menu and even when it does, it may or may not stay open long enough for me to use it. There's also a couple...
  5. Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.: Hi, for the past week or so I've had an issue with the Start Menu on Windows 11 not acting properly. When clicking on the window icon it may or may not open the start menu and even when it does, it may or may not stay open long enough for me to use it. There's also a couple...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2

Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2: Hi, I am having a problem with the full-screen start menu, when I have it on the full screen it has an ugly grey or a blinding white color as the background. Does anybody know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 update start menu error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 update start menu error: Hello, 2 days before i got the 20H2 update. I have read the article about it and found that it has a new feature, that is a transparent start menu, etc.. I have got all the new features, but the start menu is still opaque, which should be transparent. How to make the start...
  8. Windows 10 20h2 Start Menu Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20h2 Start Menu Freezes: Hi Community, I have a problem with the Start menu taskbar. All System icons cannot be click and I cannot search using Windows search. Any advice? Regards....
  9. windows start menu doesn't open

windows start menu doesn't open: Hello, Today my pc got updated with a bug update and after that i couldn't open windows start menu, not even the button couldn't work. I tried many things such as chkdsk scans etc but nothing helped. any opinions please? Thank you for your time...
  10. windows 10 start menu will not open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 start menu will not open: I receive critical message ( start menu will not open will fix it next time you sign in) but it does not ,I have lost all internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-will-not-open/82692eeb-28e1-4e26-8c82-177020a82e03