Windows 10: Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

Discus and support Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Anyone else have this issue? 33630 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kbz1960, Dec 12, 2015.

1. kbz1960 Win User

Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

Hi. Anyone else have this issue?

:)

kbz1960, Dec 12, 2015

2. Mouse scroll function not working in Start menu on Windows 10.

Original title: Mouse wheel doesn't work on start menu in Win 10 Pro x64

Mouse wheel works fine except when I try and use it on the start menu.....situation is the same whether I use a wireless Logitech mouse 525 or if I use a wired usb mouse....

the wheel doesn't scroll in the start menu....

any help will be appreciated

Thanks

SteveBelcak, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Scrolling in App or Start Menu is slow and lagging

I am experiencing the same issue. Mouse scrolling works pretty much perfectly in traditional applications, but is very wonky in the Start Menu. If I scroll the mouse slowly (one "tick" at a time), it does not register every tick of the mouse wheel. Instead,
    I can scroll the wheel about 3 ticks in most cases, then after a half-second or so pause, the menu will scroll down one tick's worth. This makes scrolling (especially precise scrolling) feel very clunky. I am using a Logitech G5 wired mouse with the latest
    Logitech drivers/software installed.

BrandonPotocki, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

How may mice have you tried this with? What preview build are you using? (If you are on build 10586 it is not a preview.) Do you get scrolling in apps?

Cbarnhorst, Dec 12, 2015
  5. kbz1960 Win User
    No preview. Just the one mouse I have. It use to scroll before one of the last few updates. Yes it scrolls everywhere else.

kbz1960, Dec 12, 2015
  6. The last cumulative update might have been a little toxic. It was for me. I had to turn off graphic acceleration in Outlook afterwards in order to get it to load. Try turning off graphic acceleration. I don't know where that is in Windows. Use the Contact Support app on your All Apps menu if you can't find it. That's what I did. I didn't have a mouse issue, though.

Cbarnhorst, Dec 12, 2015
  7. kbz1960 Win User
    Will give it a shot. Thanks.

kbz1960, Dec 12, 2015
  8. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

Don't forget to file a Windows Feedback report or upvote similar reports using the WF app on your All Apps menu. Good luck.

Cbarnhorst, Dec 12, 2015
  9. kbz1960 Win User
    Evidently I can't give feedback because I turned that off. I apparently don't have graphic acceleration from what I could find. I did have an update for the intel video anyway but not the nvidia but that didn't change anything.

kbz1960, Dec 12, 2015
  10. kbz1960 Win User
    Found a fix in another forum and it worked. In case anyone else is looking here.

kbz1960, Dec 12, 2015
  11. Quinco Win User
    Fixed it for me in my Facebook Win10 Apps.. Well done!*Smile

Quinco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

1. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel. - Similar Threads - Start menu doesn't

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse wheel doesn't Scroll in Windows, Except:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel doesn't Scroll in Windows, Except:: I have a Razer Wired Mouse, and in the past I've been able to scroll in Windows just by hovering my mouse over a section with the Mouse Wheel.Now in Window 11 It seems that I must First click the area I want to scroll in first Before I can scroll with said wheel.This is a bit...
  6. Mouse wheel doesn't Scroll in Windows, Except:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse wheel doesn't Scroll in Windows, Except:: I have a Razer Wired Mouse, and in the past I've been able to scroll in Windows just by hovering my mouse over a section with the Mouse Wheel.Now in Window 11 It seems that I must First click the area I want to scroll in first Before I can scroll with said wheel.This is a bit...
  7. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  8. The scroll wheel on my mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The scroll wheel on my mouse.: Whenever I try to use my scroll wheel it changes my CPI I think because in the top left the amount I think its called will increase or decrease but the scroll wheel won't work on anything else. What do I do to fix this?...
  9. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  10. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scroll doesnt work on start menu