Windows 10: Start menu doesn't show up

Discus and support Start menu doesn't show up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlessandroCunial, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Start menu doesn't show up

HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white.

Start menu doesn't show up 48f91a47-550b-4997-9b29-846faea08330?upload=true.png

Start menu doesn't show up 2a7c011c-d877-41d9-9593-2ee529d35cdc?upload=true.png

Other info:

- full screen start menu mode works.

- the start menu works with another user account

- the scannow command into pwershell didn't return any error.

- I have another pc with the same microsoft account

- WIndows version: 1803 Build 173134.345

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards

:)

AlessandroCunial, Oct 29, 2018

2. MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Oct 29, 2018
  3. AB_721 Win User
    windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hello,

I have the same problem existing for more than 2 weeks ago. When trying select start menu I received message "critical mistake, start menu doesnt work. We´ll try to fix it next time you log on" and "immidetly logg off".

I tried everything, fsc scan (no corupted filles found), dism, powershell(attempt reinstall apps with offered commands), wsreset.exe, booting in safe mode (in safe mode the start menu also doesn´t work), etc.... but without succes. I log on with microsoft
    account. I had no installed new applications for a while.

Sorry for bad english...

Anton

AB_721, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Yvonne Win User

Start menu doesn't show up

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Start menu doesn't show up

1. Start menu doesn't show up - Similar Threads - Start menu doesn't

2. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  3. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  4. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  6. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  7. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu

Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu: I download programs. They get place in Documents folder (did another question on that). They don't show up in Start Menu. How do I get them to show up there? Thanks....
  9. Start menu not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  10. Start menu not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start on windows doesnt show up

2. windows menu doesnt show up