Windows 10: Start Menu files have disappeared

Discus and support Start Menu files have disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I enabled virtualization on my Windows 10, all of my start menu files have either been deleted or disappeared. I have since then disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RuizunKun, Mar 30, 2020.

1. RuizunKun Win User

Start Menu files have disappeared

After I enabled virtualization on my Windows 10, all of my start menu files have either been deleted or disappeared. I have since then disabled virtualization. Does anyone know if this has to do with what I enabled, or if it's reversible?

:)

RuizunKun, Mar 30, 2020

2. Start menu disappeared

I tried all the suggested steps without any improvement. What's next?

RonUmhoefer, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Start menu disappeared

I am having the same problem. This was working for a month, now out the the blue it is not:

• no Start Menu,
    • no search menu or function,
    • no Cortana,
    • no Edge
    • no Notifications
    Running sfc/scannow finds no integrity violations.

Running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

produces Error 87... option is unkonwn.

Tried the Powershell command as admin, no change noticed.

MichaelMontague, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Start Menu files have disappeared

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu files have disappeared

1. Start Menu files have disappeared - Similar Threads - Start Menu files

2. Apps have disappeared form Start menu in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps have disappeared form Start menu in Win11: Apps are missing from Windows 11 start menuHisuddenly, all pinned apps in the start menu have disappeared, even if I search for them they are not therethis is for all apps, Microsoft, office, and third parties. the apps will work if I opened from the Folder in Programs Files,...
  3. Apps have disappeared form Start menu in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps have disappeared form Start menu in Win11: Apps are missing from Windows 11 start menuHisuddenly, all pinned apps in the start menu have disappeared, even if I search for them they are not therethis is for all apps, Microsoft, office, and third parties. the apps will work if I opened from the Folder in Programs Files,...
  4. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons have disappeared from my start menu.: The only affected Apps are the ones from and including Microsoft store e.g. Spotify, Netflix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-disappeared-from-my-start-menu/4977ffbc-281c-446a-a88f-2732ac6fb1fd
  5. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons have disappeared from my start menu.: The only affected Apps are the ones from and including Microsoft store e.g. Spotify, Netflix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-disappeared-from-my-start-menu/4977ffbc-281c-446a-a88f-2732ac6fb1fd
  6. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. start menu disappeared

start menu disappeared: My list on the start menu list is gone how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-disappeared/6666a5e1-2833-4dd1-b448-11b015e4587f
  8. Start menu and Edge disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and Edge disappearing: The mid October I went to click on the tray icon for Edge and it disappeared (leaving a blank location). The next time I clicked on the start menu icon it paused then popped up with the "Critical Error_ Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you...
  9. Icons on start menu disappears

Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  10. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866