Windows 10: Start menu flashes open and immediately closes everytime I hit the windows button. This...

Discus and support Start menu flashes open and immediately closes everytime I hit the windows button. This... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lol__irl [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lol__irl, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Start menu flashes open and immediately closes everytime I hit the windows button. This...

/u/lol__irl, Oct 6, 2020

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Oct 6, 2020
  3. SoCal Win User
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the Start button also stopped opening, although by right-clicking I could get the basic function list so could still stumble along.
    The Start button problem was fixed by going back to my first Restore point (created by an automatic upgrade), but the Edge problem persists in spite of trying various fixes from posts dating back to the beta-test period. Obviously this is a problem that has existed from the early beta issues ... and it ain't fixed yet!! Any suggestions appreciated, because I note that Win-10 depends heavily on Web access via Edge.

SoCal, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Start menu flashes open and immediately closes everytime I hit the windows button. This...

cmd.exe opens then immediately closes

Desktop I7-4790 - 16g memory - W10 latest incarnation - Start/Run/cmd.exe, opens then immediately closes. Sometimes you get a flash of the whole window but mostly just a flash of the min/max/exit buttons. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Fixes I've tried : Tried RKill, Malwarebytes, Avast freebie runs permanently, everything up to date.

Background : It first happened 3 weeks ago just after windows did its latest massive update, so I formatted the windows drive (SSD) and reinstalled w10. Command box worked fine until windows did the same update again - back to square 1. Is this MS telling us to convert to Powershell????

I've put cmd.exe on a stick from a different machine not affected, when I run it from the stick or anywhere else on the desktop I get the same result.

Dave Pruce, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Start menu flashes open and immediately closes everytime I hit the windows button. This...

1. Start menu flashes open and immediately closes everytime I hit the windows button. This... - Similar Threads - Start menu flashes

2. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  3. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  4. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Fresh upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Start menu will not open or will close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Start menu will not open or will close immediately.: Hi, I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. I am having an issue where the start menu either will not open when clicked or it will open and sometimes close immediately. When it does stay open if I try to use the apps like the clock or the calculator the window for the apps...
  6. Fresh upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Start menu will not open or will close immediately.

Fresh upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Start menu will not open or will close immediately.: Hi, I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. I am having an issue where the start menu either will not open when clicked or it will open and sometimes close immediately. When it does stay open if I try to use the apps like the clock or the calculator the window for the apps...
  7. Windows 10 start menu closing itself after opening as I hit the Windows key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu closing itself after opening as I hit the Windows key: So in the past like 5 days this https://imgur.com/a/V9TpYGG weird issue has been going on, the magnifying glass search menu to the right of the Windows icon at the bottom left still opens like usual and so does Cortana and task view. And like Im showing with Edge in the...
  8. Microsoft Installer flashing and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Installer flashing and closes immediately: I formatted my PC and installed Windows 10 version 2004(build19041) today for some reasons. After installing windows, I couldn’t get any browser’s installer (Chrome, Edge Beta and Chromium Edge) to work. It just flashes and disappears. Same thing happens when I run as...
  9. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close: Will anyone please help a stranger in need? I have encountered a problem, a rather frequent problem in fact, it is simple but it is also a problem I failed to solve myself. The thing is as described in the subject title, Windows Store downloaded Universal Windows Platform...
  10. Settings close immediately and start menu 'critical error'

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings close immediately and start menu 'critical error': Hello it's me Reggie. I was trying to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS when all of a sudden I tried to use the start menu on my Windows 10 and got a message saying "Critical Error. Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in."...