Windows 10: Start Menu Folder Suggestion

Discus and support Start Menu Folder Suggestion in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EduardoRiv, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just being able to add folders where you can pin apps into be a whole lot easier?! It seems really inconvenient for me because I don't wanna open up tons of necessary tabs especially when I'm working in multiple applications at one. Also, for a side note, having my pinned being super cluttered isn't visually appealing, which is a

:)

EduardoRiv, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Dec 6, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu Folder Suggestion

1. Start Menu Folder Suggestion - Similar Threads - Start Menu Folder

2. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  3. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  4. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  6. suggestions are not showing in start menu

suggestions are not showing in start menu: when I turn on show suggestions occasionally on start it is not working please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suggestions-are-not-showing-in-start-menu/f493826c-0e30-4604-ba93-956eb187144a
  7. Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled: As stated in the title. I have "Show Suggestions" disabled under Personalization, but got another start menu ad for Edge today on my start menu. Unfortunately I X'd out the ad before digging farther into this, but I'm pretty pissed off. Yes, it's a small issue--but I...
  8. Folder in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder in Start Menu: I accidently created a folder in the start menu by dragging one app over top of another but I hesitated a little to long and it automatically created a folder. How do I remove the folder from Start?...
  9. Folders on Start Menu

Folders on Start Menu: Hi, Last question on customizing Windows 10 *Smile Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose which folder appear on Start I need to enable ONLY the following ones: File Explorer Settings Documents Downloads Personal Folder As usual via registry! In Windows 7...
  10. Start menu folders within folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu folders within folders: Sorry this is kind of hard to explain. On Windows 7 start menu you could have a folder such as EA Games and then sub folders within. For example a folder for tiger woods golf, a folder for say Fifa and so on. It seems on Windows 10 you can only have one folder level. I have...