Windows 10: Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

Discus and support Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by W. Scales, Sep 30, 2020.

1. W. Scales Win User

Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen too, such as here when I open the W folder the V folder moves up a couple of spaces. Is there a way I can stop this from happening?

Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own 0ad7d2d6-ef12-4f4a-9f2f-66ae1339b2ce?upload=true.png

:)

W. Scales, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

How to Move Desktop Icon to start Menu or create a tile.

I have even added my batch files to the apps list*Wink
    1. You need to create a desktop shortcut for it first by "send to desktop".
    2. Then cut & paste it into C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    3. Open start menu and look on the list view, right click the icon(always make my own), and pin to start.
    4. I then go to my batch files original location, and a 256x256 .png of my icon, and an XML .VisualElementsManifest to it, and now I have my custom tile for my batch file.

Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Studi1234 Win User
    Title for Start Menu Tiles folder

WIN 10 offers the possibility of creating start menu tiles folders. That's great.

- Unfortunately, we cannot set a title per tiles folder. It' s pity ...

- When will MS make this small, but really useful next design step (that Google offers since quite a while)?

Studi1234, Sep 30, 2020
  4. willden Win User

Moving tiles to start menu

Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu.

willden, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own - Similar Threads - Start Menu Folder

2. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  3. Cannot move random start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move random start menu tiles: I have certain start menu tiles, regardless of size, that can be displaced by other tiles, but if you try to move them anywhere on their own, they just snap back into their original position. This condition has existed for me I would say years now. As in the past, the only...
  4. Start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  5. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  6. How do I move tiles in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move tiles in the start menu?: Drag and drop doesn't do anything, the tile just disappears an reappears when I release the mouse. 21577
  7. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437