Windows 10: Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

Discus and support Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ToguRefa [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToguRefa, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

/u/ToguRefa, Jan 22, 2021
  2. 180sx Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, Jan 22, 2021
  3. elbmek Win User
    Deleted Items Remaining in Start Menu

strangely enough Dalchina, Glary is one of the extinct folders

In Brinks post suggestion, the Glary folder does not appear on the list. Still working ............

this image shows the Glary empty folder still in situ after using CCleaner

- - - Updated - - -

first option did it, thanks a billion

elbmek, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

1. Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that? - Similar Threads - Start menu Folders

2. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?: How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-word-system-under-certain/8741bd0a-d1c3-410b-8e07-8a0ee411da01
  3. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?: How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-word-system-under-certain/8741bd0a-d1c3-410b-8e07-8a0ee411da01
  4. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start menu folder item 'target' one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu folder item 'target' one drive: Inside that folder is the o n e d r i v e i c o n and the name is target. It was found like dropping LEGO on top of each other and simply name itself 'target' All is well just a question if ever one....
  6. start menu folder item 'target' one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu folder item 'target' one drive: Inside that folder is the o n e d r i v e i c o n and the name is target. It was found like dropping LEGO on top of each other and simply name itself 'target' All is well just a question if ever one....
  7. start menu folder item 'target' one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  9. In the latest insider build, if a folder in your Start Menu contains only one item then it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In the latest insider build, if a folder in your Start Menu contains only one item then it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mattbdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/karf7v/in_the_latest_insider_build_if_a_folder_in_your/
  10. Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one?: [ATTACH] Hello, this is my very first post on Reddit! My question is, as it's stated in the title, how do I get rid of one of the useless rows at the bottom of any folder? 1 states enough information for me and frankly, I have no clue on how I have two of the same thing....