Windows 10: Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore

Discus and support Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What a week... It all started when I downloaded 'WoW Model Viewer' and 'Blender' Shortly after that, I noticed that I couldn't open pictures or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TallTaleTV, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore

What a week...

It all started when I downloaded 'WoW Model Viewer' and 'Blender'

Shortly after that, I noticed that I couldn't open pictures or video. It would try to open, the windows photo/video app would engage, but then it would just close before it pulled anything up.

As soon as I went to troubleshoot this, I realized that every time I clicked on the start menu, it would allow me to navigate it for about 1-2 seconds, then it would get dark and freeze. I could click off it, the start menu would disappear, and then I could try again with the same effect.

I uninstalled the two programs and attempted to revert to a previous restore point. It tried but gave me the "System Restore Error 0x80070017"

I tried a host of things to fix this: Booting in safe mode - Using command prompt "winmgmt /resetRepository" - using command prompt "chkdsk /f C:" - among anything else I could find online.

Nothing worked, so I decided to do a full system reset [Reset This PC] with the "Keep my files" option.

It tried and failed yet again. I got the "0xc00000e9" error telling me an external device was having issues. I unplugged every last thing from the computer and tried again, no luck. I tried updating windows, I tried repairing the individual apps, unplugging the secondary hard drive, plugging it back in, nothing worked.

I have no idea what I did to this computer. Everything seems to be working just fine except the pre-installed photo and video viewers, and the start menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

TallTaleTV, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?

Hello Rocky, Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore :)

Look to see if you see "Photos" listed in the All apps left side of the Start menu. If there, then you can right click on it and click on "Pin to Start" to restore the Photos tile.

Brink, Jun 13, 2019
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Jun 13, 2019
  4. tarn_55 Win User

Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore

1. Start menu freezes every time I click it, Photo and Video app wont work, and I can't restore - Similar Threads - Start menu freezes

2. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  3. Restore Right Click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Right Click on Start Menu: Hello,I discovered lately that the right click on some of the entries in the start menu just do not work, while some do. The ones that don't work seem to be associated with admin management, like Device Manager, Disk Manager, etc. Can the problem be fixed? Many people have...
  4. Freezing video in Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing video in Photo App: I have created a video in the Photo App using photos & short videos adding sounds, narration & music, It freezes in a particular spot when playing and only gets halfway through and then freezes when I try to export it. What can be the problem? The computer is only 4 months...
  5. Search menu pops up every time I click Start, can't see tiles etc!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu pops up every time I click Start, can't see tiles etc!: I'm not sure what to do because I haven't been able to find any answers or Solutions on this online. Anytime I go to click the Windows button not the search button, the Search menu STILL pops up. It prevents me from being able to see all of my tiles on my start screen or...
  6. I can't click on anything in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  7. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  8. How do I restore Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore Start Menu Apps: Over time, I've deleted almost all the Apps that showed in the Start menu. Now I'd like to put them all back and set the Start Menu so it shows all the original Apps. I've run this command from a Elevated Power Shell several times and it runs to completion then stops and...
  9. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  10. Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu: It worked on windows 8.1 but after upgrading to 10 it doesn't work anymore. When I try to select several apps using ctrl+click the first app I click on starts and it doesn't even get marked. How do I fix this? I have tried with both my ctrl-buttons and I know they work...