Windows 10: Start menu full screen background image squeezed

Discus and support Start menu full screen background image squeezed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! On my HP Spectre x360 15 with 4K display I can't get rid of a strange behavior of Start menu. When it is set full screen, then it should display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mrMad-Cat, Feb 20, 2021.

1. mrMad-Cat Win User

Start menu full screen background image squeezed

Hi!

On my HP Spectre x360 15 with 4K display I can't get rid of a strange behavior of Start menu. When it is set full screen, then it should display the desktop wallpaper in a semi-transparent way. It does so, but the image is always squeezed to the left, no matter what the picture I use. See screenshot attached.

Any ideas what can be the problem?
    I also noticed this squeezing for few seconds with other apps when they are restored from being minimized. So may be it is not related to Start Menu, but more to some other graphics settings.

:)

mrMad-Cat, Feb 20, 2021

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsStart menu full screen background image squeezed :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 20, 2021
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Start menu full screen background image squeezed

Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Start menu full screen background image squeezed

1. Start menu full screen background image squeezed - Similar Threads - Start menu full

2. Start Full Screen Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Full Screen Background: So, I have a wallpaper on my desktop that used to show when I used my start full screen. Now, my start screen is completely black with only some of the icons and boxes which are also blank. It only shows colors on my start screen, nothing else. When I try to change my...
  3. Start menu in full screen mode changes it's background to black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu in full screen mode changes it's background to black.: In non full screen mode background is purple, as it should be. Anyone knows to fix it? Here's how it looks like submitted by /u/vhourusz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gegn2c/start_menu_in_full_screen_mode_changes_its/
  4. Start Menu full screen

Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  5. Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode

Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode: I have three different Acer computers all running the latest release of Windows 10 home. All have processed the latest October 8th release updates to 1903. One user account on one computer is "stuck" in full screen mode. The same user account on the other two are "normal."...
  6. Start Menu Full Screen not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Menu Full Screen not working: Hi, I have been trying to switch my start up window to my start menu. However, whenever I enable the option "Full screen," in (settings=>personalization=>Start), there are no changes whatsoever taking place. I have tried restarting the PC to no avail. I am kindly requesting...
  7. Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 build version 17134. When I switch to the full screen start menu the background of the start menu is completely black but I want my desktop wallpaper as my start menu background. Thank you...
  8. Start menu full screen doesn't show desktop background

Start menu full screen doesn't show desktop background: Hi guys, guess I have a problem with my start menu in full screen mode, it doesn't show me the desktop wallpaper background anymore, but this dark image instead. [ATTACH] I also tried transparency effects "on", but it didn't change anything, how can i fix this? 113348
  9. problem with full screen start menu

problem with full screen start menu: when I set the start menu to display in full screen it becomes finicky. It sometimes won't open at all. If I go back and change one item it will start working again. It seems like it does not matter which item I chg. If I chg it back it will keep working for a while. any...
  10. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551