Windows 10: Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens

Discus and support Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was having problems with taskbar items and played around and fixed them but yesterday found that when I click on the start button nothing happens. Dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hillbilly, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Hillbilly Win User

Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens

Was having problems with taskbar items and played around and fixed them but yesterday found that when I click on the start button nothing happens. Dont know how long its been like that as dont use it often so maybe not my playing caused it. Have tried to find a solution without success. Dont want to do a reinstall unless necessary and machine has only two restore points and neither make any difference. Any ideas please as have racked my brains but no go so far.

:)

Hillbilly, Jun 17, 2021

2. Start menu disappeared

I tried all the suggested steps without any improvement. What's next?

RonUmhoefer, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 start button menu disappearing

My problem is not resolved even by following the three methods as suggested by you. Still the start button disappearing. Pl suggest.

MARELLARAO, Jun 17, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Start Menu

Hi,

To pin a website to Start, see the steps below:

• Click on the ellipsis button (three vertical dots) at the upper-right corner of the page >
      Pin this page to Start.
    • After doing that, the page should show up on the Start menu as one of the tiles.

Let us know what happens after following the steps.

John Sarc, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens - Similar Threads - Start menu has

2. Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens: After a quick scan told me that there were threats, I did a full scan. It showed me 2 threats that have the same name: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml. Obviously the next course of action is to get rid of the threat, so I go to click "Start actions" and once I do it disappears,...
  3. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  4. Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens: Hello folks I have been struggling with this issue for a while now, but it seems that right-clicking something in the start menu to run as administrator is not working, as absolutely nothing happens. I can launch things such as command prompt with no admin permissions just...
  5. Clicking Start Menu does nothing.

Clicking Start Menu does nothing.: Suddenly I discovered that clicking on my start menu does not work anymore. Even clicking and typing into the search does nothing, so I tried to run the "Troubleshooting" wizard, and it did not find anything. I then tried to check to see if I was missing updates on the...
  6. windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked

windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked: i am confused if virus or malware causes this problem, cause nothing happens if i clicked any taskbar buttons including start. windows is updated but still nothing happens. your opinions are highly appreciated...
  7. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a...
  8. Cannot launch a program; clicking app in Start menu, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot launch a program; clicking app in Start menu, nothing happens: I have a fully updated Windows 10 Enterprise x64 installation on a USB 3 Windows-To-Go flash drive. It works well except for one program now refuses to start with no error message, or message of any kind. Clicking on its icon in the Start menu simply results in the cursor...
  9. Start button left click nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button left click nothing happens: Have a Dell XPS 11. Clicking left on start button should open Cortana and Start Options. Nothing happens. There's a hamburger on the top left which will bring up the start menu, Most Used, Recently Added and File Explorer, Settings, etc. At the bottom, Power Symbol and a...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...