Windows 10: Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

Discus and support Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have lost my start menu. A computer repair person informed me this is a common problem and I need to revert back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D A Richardson, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have lost my start menu. A computer repair person informed me this is a common problem and I need to revert back to the previous Windows 10. I have no idea how to do this but he will charge £69 to sort it out for me. I am not prepared to pay for something that is acknowledged to be a common problem. Will Microsoft cover this cost for me?

:)

D A Richardson, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Bert22306 Win User

Windows 11 Start menu

Yes, live tiles are gone, in Windows 11, as is the capability of resizing the start menu, or for that matter, to relocate the task bar. I haven't a clue why Microsoft changed some of these things, or why they thought it was an improvement. Possibly, though, some of these features will be re-introduced in future feature updates.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/features-deprecated-or-removed-in-windows-11

The Start menu will be rejuvenated in Windows 11 and there will be few old features that will be removed. You will see the following functions to be gone from the Start menu in Windows 11:

1. Live Tiles will no longer be available. There won’t be dynamic previews in the Start menu.
    2. Pinned apps or sites won’t be mitigated when you upgrade from Windows 10.
    3. Named groups and folders of apps are not supported. And also, the size of the layout can’t be adjusted currently.
    I think that word "mitigated" should have been "migrated." In fact, the start menu comes full of apps you probably don't care about, and instead has none of the pinned icons you do care about. But it's easy enough to remove some of the unneeded icons, and re-pin your needed ones.

Also note that to see the complete list of apps, you have to click that small nondescript button, on the upper right of the start menu. Another thoroughly questionable change, in Windows 11.

My own preference is to only introduce changes which improve the product. Make it more intuitive, easier, faster at accomplishing the usual tasks. Instead, in Windows 11 and also in Office updated versions, we often see "change for the sake of change," not "change to something improved."

Bert22306, Aug 25, 2022
  3. LEVJ Win User
    Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start menu is gone! Help.

Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start menu is gone! Help.

4. Arun B J Win User

Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

1. Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Start menu has

2. Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have lost my start menu. A computer repair person informed me this is a common problem and I need to revert back to the previous Windows 10. I have no idea how to do this but he will charge £69 to sort it out for me. I am not prepared to pay...
  3. Windows 11 update - there's no start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update - there's no start menu: I wish I hadn't pressed 'yes' to update to Windows 11 on my PC. I have rebooted and rebooted, but it is not working. There is no Start Menu? Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-theres-no-start-menu/e762d93e-3bc9-409b-aa90-26d7518adb45
  4. windows start menu gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows start menu gone: how can i download a windows 10 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-gone/55fa09ed-190f-439e-804f-4a47a959971f
  5. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  7. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  8. "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...: Why is "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" happening while I am trying to use my computer. The updates can happen the 14 - 16 hours that I am NOT using my computer! It stops me from using my...
  9. Start Menu Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Gone: I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why. Screenshot 33575
  10. Icons missing in start menu following Creators update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing in start menu following Creators update.: I've got missing start menu icons following the Creators Update, coming and going on boot ups. Anyone else? 83655