Windows 10: Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box

Discus and support Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I searched a lot about this issue, my start menu is hidden by the search box. If i invocate it by pressing the start menu key windows key or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paritycat, May 31, 2020.

1. paritycat Win User

Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box

Hi guys,

I searched a lot about this issue, my start menu is hidden by the search box. If i invocate it by pressing the start menu key windows key or a click on the button, my start menu is hidden by the search box.

This was present in the 1909 and continues with the may update.

I tried to reset the start menu layout without any result.

Here is a pic of what's happening.

I don't want to reinstall the entire system to solve this issue.

Any help would be kindly appreciated :

Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box [​IMG]

:)

paritycat, May 31, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 31, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 31, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box - Similar Threads - Start menu hidden

2. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  3. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  4. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Search window overlaps start menu

Windows 10 Search window overlaps start menu: When every I open the start menu the search bar window opens as well and overlaps it. Is there any way to fix this? This error occured after updating windows 10 to the newest version. Restarting the computer did not help. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows search overlaps app list in Start menu

Windows search overlaps app list in Start menu: Hey everyone, After updating my laptop from Windows version 1909 to 20H2 yesterday, I am facing the exact same problem as discussed and also resolved in this post, Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box - Microsoft Community. I have tried all the four options as...
  7. Start menu tiles overlapping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu tiles overlapping: Has anyone had this issue? I haven't found much online other than someone suggesting it might be the files are damaged (which seems like a big leap). submitted by /u/MastaRolls [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmc47d/start_menu_tiles_overlapping/
  8. Tiles overlapping on start menu

Tiles overlapping on start menu: Hello, this happened after having installed MS Edge Bêta (based on Chromium Project). [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-overlapping-on-start-menu/ba2836e0-c890-493f-b45d-e6118b3aade2
  9. Tiles in Start Menu overlapping

Tiles in Start Menu overlapping: Mostly after a restart the Start Menu tiles overlap. The top row is pushed down so it ends up unintelligible, this includes the tile group titles. My workaround is to hold down on a lower tile to enter Start Menu edit mode when the top row springs up into the correct...
  10. Overlapping Tiles in start menu

Overlapping Tiles in start menu: Photos tile is not of proper size and is overlapping upon other tiles. Please fix these issue. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overlapping-tiles-in-start-menu/f2ac09e2-ba7e-4daf-9778-5f633d3b6679

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search overlap over start menu