Windows 10: Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch

Discus and support Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I Install Office 2016 Default English Language Then I Install add the Dutch Language package In the Start Menu, all items are English by default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R van Wingerden, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch

I Install Office 2016 Default English Language

Then I Install add the Dutch Language package

In the Start Menu, all items are English by default

Except Office 2016 menu is Dutch Language (Last installed package)

I try to change the Start menu Language to English

I can uninstall the Dutch Language, that is not what I want.

For now Icannot find a solution to change tot English

QST, START Menu, How to change form Dutch to English

See below the image of the Start menu

Can some body help me out?

Thx Rob

Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch c260bea8-b702-4fd9-b76e-61efc85b86ae?upload=true.png

:)

R van Wingerden, Jun 5, 2019
  2. twdal Win User

How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard language.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

twdal, Jun 5, 2019
  3. How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

user428697, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch

Language in Start menu program list

I have also found an entry in Settings / Apps & features which may be relevant:

"Microsoft Office 2016 voor Thuisgebruik en Zelstandigen -nl -nl"

which translates to

"Microsoft Office 2016 for Home and Self-Employed"

No I definitely did not knowingly install the program.

I do remember receiving an update in a foreign language a few weeks ago
    which I think was for Office, I do not remember what the language was.

I also discovered that my version of Office had Dutch as an editing language and a display language.

But not as the default language. I have removed it as an editing language, but cannot remove the display language.

Selecting "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" which translates as "Microsfoft office Tools" "Taalvorken voor office" is listed, which translates as "Language preferences for office"

John-Westcott, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch

1. Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch - Similar Threads - Start Menu change

2. Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app some options are in English tho.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple...
  3. Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app some options are in English tho.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple...
  4. How to Change my office language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change my office language: Hi, how to change language on office 2019 from bahasa to English. below is display of office word with Bahasa language [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-office-language/b042934e-31f3-4c60-9b2c-b150a6f523c9
  5. start menu language change

start menu language change: Hello, I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english. I have managed to get nearly everything switched over but the start menu still has features on korean and so does the welcome screen before i sign into the computer. Just...
  6. Start Menu Language Won't Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Language Won't Change: Hi y'all I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as for getting support online (most guides and tutorials are in English). I changed the display language in the Settings,...
  7. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....
  8. Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds: After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds. This guide shows you go to go from this: Attachment 113103...
  9. Solved:Office 2016 mixed menu language

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Solved:Office 2016 mixed menu language: Some menu items in Outlook(and also other) programs are in english+the lang.the computer was in before. I want only english. Tried all settings,downladed the eng.lang,pack. Without any solution. 105730
  10. Office 2016 Language Change (Update Screen Stuck)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Language Change (Update Screen Stuck): I have office 365 as a shared subscription thanks to my dad, and the programs have helped me when I was at school; a few months back, I had a tutorial file for a video game in a word document format, and some fo the language was in Japanese; word kept pestering me to download...