Windows 10: Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help.

Discus and support Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] So, I updated to October update on December 30,2018 and after the first reboot this is what I get.All these apps are pre-installed apps and are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GuranshChaudhary, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help.

Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help. [​IMG]
    So, I updated to October update on December 30,2018 and after the first reboot this is what I get.All these apps are pre-installed apps and are in their latest version.

My device is a Dell-Inspiron 5368 running on Intel Core i5(6th Gen),8 Gigs of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 520.Please assist.

:)

GuranshChaudhary, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Dec 30, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help. prob.jpg

psyko12, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help.

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help.

1. Start Menu Icons after October Update.Need help. - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icons

2. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  3. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  4. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Loss of tile icons on the Start page after the first October 2020 update

Loss of tile icons on the Start page after the first October 2020 update: I have lost the tile icons/logos on my Start page after the above "upgrade". What I get now for most tiles is a black square with a first letter of the link of that tile, followed in some cases by number 1. 2 or 3. When I look into Programs and Settings in the Control Panel,...
  6. No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/retestreak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hedbzx/no_icons_in_startmenu_after_update_how_to_solve/
  7. Need help with a blank Start menu

Need help with a blank Start menu: My Start menu is blank. My name and power icons are available, but there are no tiles. The taskbar doesn't give me the option to pin any apps to the start menu....
  8. Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated.

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated.: Hi guys, So ever since the (infamous) October update, my start menu has been messed up. I configure my start menu to have no tiles at all, but after turning my computer off, waiting a little while and turning it back on, the start menu *always* resets to default. I've tried...
  9. Start Menu bug! [NEED HELP]

Start Menu bug! [NEED HELP]: I've had this problem before with my old computer. I'm not sure whats causing it. If you have any solutions please reply to this post. Video of my problem: https://streamable.com/u37t9...
  10. Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help: Hi, i am facing a really hard time with my windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 (like 3 days ago), everything was working fine, but now my taskbar is having all kind of problems like literally, first start with my "Start Menu" it not functioning anymore, than the...